Feedback on this bike please

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
Please can you tell me if this bike is ok
I am looking to get my brother in law one and these are on Ebay for £549
thanks,
Wraggy
Synergy have quite a few happy owners on this forum,mostly the synergy mistral though,the mistral has a 36v battery but does not look so good as the avanti you are looking at(my personal choice),the synergy avanti you are looking at may not have quite the same power though,being only a 24v battery it could be ok on flattish roads, but steeper hills may drain the battery,it is a shame that the avanti is not available with the same 36v battery.if it were possible to upgrade to a 36v battery for a reasonable amount, i would say the bike is ok.

Last edited:

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
Synergy have quite a few happy owners on this forum,mostly the synergy mistral though,the mistral has a 36v battery but does not look so good as the avanti you are looking at(my personal choice),the synergy avanti you are looking at may not have quite the same power though,being only a 24v battery it could be ok on flattish roads, but steeper hills may drain the battery,it is a shame that the avanti is not available with the same 36v battery.if it were possible to upgrade to a 36v battery for a reasonable amount, i would say the bike is ok.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

although my experience is small i did have a synergy edison, ok it was a folder so small but it had the same 24 volt battery and it was fine for on the flat,back wind,downhill..but the slightest gradient or head wind and it was only assist as not enough power for "power only"....im not sure if that was down to size of motor or what but when i switched to two same size wheel bikes after that which both had 36 volt there is a definate "kick" as opposed to a gentle assist push...i will never go back to a 24 volt battery with them type of motors....