Help! Fiido D2 batteries

grissgray

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 4, 2022
My battery stops charging at 31 volts has anyone restored a battery did you do it successfully,

Also plan B were is the best place to buy a battery I'm located in Ireland

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you mean the battery won't charge if it hits 31v, then it might be possible to recover it manually. This does mean first opening the battery to gain access to the BMS and it's sense wire connector.
I rarely let my battery soc reach 3.2v per cell group or less, with some BMS once it detects low voltage it simply detects a fault and won't allow charging to take place.

Reactions: grissgray

grissgray

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 4, 2022
Yeah so when I have it on charge it will only charge too 31v it should be 42v I have the battery opened up and have access to the BMS
what should I do,
Will I try charge the individual cells on there own

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Show a pic of the BMS sense wire connector with the 10 or 11 small wires.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Also plan B were is the best place to buy a battery I'm located in Ireland
The best place to buy a D2 battery is here. The cells aren't "premium" and you wouldn't expect them to be at the price, but IMHO they are fair value. The easiest/quickest way to trash them is being hard on the throttle all the time.

How old is your battery?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Take a reading from each pin and write them down to see if one throws up an anomilie.

Start at the 0v Black pin and the first pin for cell#1 and then move both probes across the connector one pin at a time to get the 10 individual results using the 20v scale or leave the 0v probe in place on the Black pin and just move the Red probe along for 10 accumalitve voltage readings using the 200v scale.

If one of the results looks very bad then I wouldn't bother trying to recover the cell group as it will be fairly terminal.