Help! Fiido L2 controller wire is about to snap

Andromeda

Just Joined
Apr 27, 2021
One of the electric wires of my Fiido L2 started to tear apart, and it's causing the controller and the motor to shut down abruptly. What's the best way to fix wires? Can I just peel the wires, reconnect them and cover with insulating tape or will I need to buy another controller?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It depends what it's connected to. Follow it up to see where it goes. In the meantime, you should strip back a bit of the black insulation and separate whatever is inside so that the wires can't touch

Andromeda

Just Joined
Apr 27, 2021
It depends what it's connected to. Follow it up to see where it goes. In the meantime, you should strip back a bit of the black insulation and separate whatever is inside so that the wires can't touch
But isn't the point to try to reconnect the wire?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You can't simply tape over the damaged area with out knowing if other wires around it are also damaged, if they are and short against each other you will do more damage and wipe out some or part of the electronics.
The only way of repairing is to disconnect the end where ever it goes to (likely the controller box) and then carefully remove some of the outer Black sleeve to access the wires inside (usually more then 1 wire). Disconnecting the ire first removes any voltage/power supply thus removing any risk of shorting.

You may even be able to replace the whole wire cable length as a new part.

Andromeda

Just Joined
Apr 27, 2021
You can't simply tape over the damaged area with out knowing if other wires around it are also damaged, if they are and short against each other you will do more damage and wipe out some or part of the electronics.
The only way of repairing is to disconnect the end where ever it goes to (likely the controller box) and then carefully remove some of the outer Black sleeve to access the wires inside (usually more then 1 wire). Disconnecting the ire first removes any voltage/power supply thus removing any risk of shorting.

You may even be able to replace the whole wire cable length as a new part.
There's only 1 damaged cable, the others look perfectly fine, so I don't think there is a short circuit among them.

And how can I replace wires? Wouldn't I need to replace also the controller?