First post

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Hi there folks
This being my first post I thought I'd say hello and a bit about me.

After several knee ops over 20 or so years leaving me with no cartridge & arthritis, I finally brought a new Agattu from Loughborough.
That was about 500 miles and 7/8 years ago :eek:( finding the Agattu a pleasant ride but a bit of a battleship compared to my previous 700c hybrid and one time being stuck without any juice 4 miles from home (hilly Northampton) killed my knees & left me totally bike shy.

In the past few months I've got back into cycling and have been trying new routes of around 25 miles. I do each route twice over two days, once on the Agattu and then on a Trek hybrid (700/28c) & no suspension.
The Agattu is a breeze on the open road, takes the sting out of the hills and still has 2 out of 5 lights on the battery, but the Trek loves those old railway tracks and the quick direction changes on the wooded trails,
In fact today on the Trek I've done a 40mile round trip, (probably outside the range of the Agattu), mostly old railway track but the first & last 3 miles had some serious hills I had to walk up.
So I'm still stuck wanting the best of both worlds. I'm tempted to strip out the Agattu front suspension forks, dynamo wheel, well everything i don't need to give it a more lively feel.

Anywho, that's me, I hope you've all been enjoying the sun :rolleyes:
Carl

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Welcome Carl,

Hot, sticky, sweaty, dripping wet and soon to take a nice hot bath with a hot cup of tea ,then try my utmost best to cool down rapidly.

MS

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Welcome Carl,

Sounds like you are enjoying your cycling :)

And yes thanks, I have certainly enjoyed the sun today.....tan coming along nicely :cool:

Lynda :)

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Hot, sticky, sweaty, dripping wet and soon to take a nice hot bath with a hot cup of tea ,then try my utmost best to cool down rapidly.

MS
Hmmm.......MS....and what have YOU been up to today ? ;)

A cold shower and a nice cold Rose' wine might be better for cooling down rapidly than a hot bath and cup of tea.......at least it worked for me :cool:

Lynda :)