First post

DAJ

Pedelecer
May 8, 2015
I joined the forum about 10 months ago with the intention of building myself an e-bike, bought the donor bike and proceeded to do 2500 miles on it unassisted. I realized I no longer needed an e-bike as my fitness and formerly damaged knee improved beyond recognition.

Here I am back again though and this time with a difference, I now have two 2016 Cube e-bikes on order. One for me and the other as a surprise for my wife even though she has never show the slightest interest in cycling in the 30+ years we have been together -eeek!

I still plan to keep up my mileage on the unassisted Hard tail mountain bike and continue to use my Full Suspension Marin for fun but hope the Cube will allow me to expand my range and take on the numerous hills that pen me in and leave me in fear of damaging my knee every time I climb them.

I don't have a delivery date yet but am hopeful it will be in the next week or so, there is limited stock in the UK for these bikes and apparently demand is high (in regard to stock levels).

Reactions: anotherkiwi

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
e-bikes are great for tackling all those steep climbs that you just wouldn't ride on an ordinary bike, they take some of the effort out of it all.

DAJ

Pedelecer
May 8, 2015
I got some exciting news today, my eBike's are arriving over 1 month early. Looking like Good Friday as opposed to originally quoted 27/29th April.

Excited but also anxious as I haven't told my wife yet that I have also bought an eBike for her. Watch this space eeek...

Reactions: flecc

senwar

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 17, 2016
Which cube's have you gone for? I'm tempted by a Stereo myself

DAJ

Pedelecer
May 8, 2015
Which cube's have you gone for? I'm tempted by a Stereo myself
I initially ordered a Stereo with the Nyon, then it occurred to me that one of the main advantages of a eBike was it's load carrying capacity and one of the disadvantages of a full Suspension bike was poor rack options and restricted carrying capacity. Additionally having read some poor reviews of the nyon I cancelled that order.

In it's place I ordered the cube SUV hybrid Pro500 and the cube Nutrail hybrid 500. My reasoning being that I can use the SUV for round town stuff and the Nutrail for more adventurous terrain or when my wife is with me. Only fly in the ointment is I haven't told my wife she is getting an SUV yet..EEEEK

senwar

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 17, 2016
Thanks for the reply - and good luck with breaking the news!

I've ended up ordering a Haibike sduro allmtn. The fact the stereo was pre order at the moment made my decision. I only carry stuff in a rucksack so that's ok for me.