Fitting mirror to throttle-end.

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com
Throttle-end? Sounds like a plague-ridden hamlet in Borsetshire. However, I've had a series of handlebar mounted mirrors that wobble and spin and droop that I fancied high-tech bar-end mirrors for a change. Problem (not a 'issue'!) is that the off-side end of the handlebar is occupied by a throttle which I'm reluctant to sacrifice. Where there should be an open-ended space for the mirror mounting to slide into there's a rubbery obstruction. Is it safe to slice off this obstruction? Will the throttle still function? Any ideas, people? Help ...
TIA
Tom

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
Throttle-end? Sounds like a plague-ridden hamlet in Borsetshire. However, I've had a series of handlebar mounted mirrors that wobble and spin and droop that I fancied high-tech bar-end mirrors for a change. Problem (not a 'issue'!) is that the off-side end of the handlebar is occupied by a throttle which I'm reluctant to sacrifice. Where there should be an open-ended space for the mirror mounting to slide into there's a rubbery obstruction. Is it safe to slice off this obstruction? Will the throttle still function? Any ideas, people? Help ...
TIA
Tom
Not sure exactly what you mean but the throttle should not obstruct the bar end. If you cut out the centre of the grip at the end you should be able to fit one okay I would think. Motorcycles can have them fitted with their much bigger throttles.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Confirmed, I just cut off the end of the rubber grip to fit mirrors on throttle bikes.

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com
Thank you. Here goes - fingers crossed! Nervous giggle, apologises to bike ...

Well, with fingers crossed and eyes firmly closed I amputated the throttle end. No disaster occurred. I inserted the expander thingy at the inboard end of the Mirrycle mirror, tightened it up and set off for a reflected ride over the speed-humped roads surrounding Thomas Towers. It works! Rock steady even over the humps at 24mph! It's a 20mph zone but I'm still at large. Thank you, fellow Pedelecers for advice.
The grin gets wider.
Tom

Last edited:

Advertisers