Flashing pedals your views plus a tiny folder.

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

SL120 Power Backup Battery Free Lights - CycleExpress

these where the ones i had Mandy, the others look like they have wireing where these dont, some need a little bit of work for the rear ones if hub motor gets in way you have to extend the shfts..you can buy longer ones i think but easiy to make i imagine...

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
I am only 18 really!! :p
Now expect a sudden increase in replies to your questions.
Oops, I thought "Free Lights" were because they were free lights as in light up when pedalling by motion only :D Now I think I'm tired.
I will have to google them.
I found some of those dust cover lights for bikes on the net and believe they are not for road use anyway :confused: I think I have seen them on boy racers cars on occasions, yikes
Good concept for being seen but maybe a bit posey? Plus possibly illegal?

Tirefly Flashing Dust Caps Schrader Valve Fit (Pair) £9.99-Discount Bicycles Ltd.

God I need to hit the duvet!!
Those lights are not a good idea because they put an unwanted force on your tyre valves and can cause a puncture.
That looks wrong, he makes wild claims in his advert and I wouldn't trust it in the slightest.
No Batteries - Ever! No Friction! No Resistance!
There is magnetic resistance so he is talking out of his *rse.
Performance: Most dynamos work by slowing down your tires, if they work at all. This Non-friction bicycle dynamo won't slow cyclist down.
Same again.

these where the ones i had Mandy, the others look like they have wireing where these dont, some need a little bit of work for the rear ones if hub motor gets in way you have to extend the shfts..you can buy longer ones i think but easiy to make i imagine...
They look much better but are quite pricey, for that money you could get good quality flashing lights that are much brighter.

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
Now expect a sudden increase in replies to your questions.
Those lights are not a good idea because they put an unwanted force on your tyre valves and can cause a puncture.That looks wrong, he makes wild claims in his advert and I wouldn't trust it in the slightest.
There is magnetic resistance so he is talking out of his *rse.
Same again.They look much better but are quite pricey, for that money you could get good quality flashing lights that are much brighter.

they are not cheap agree...but as i say they are not the main lights but an "added" security,when you come to traffic lights unlike an ordinary dynamo they still keep flashing for a good 3 minutes plus they will always be on where with battery ones there comes a time when the battery dies, in the case of rechargeable ones there is no dimming of the light but a total cut off as them batteries give there all and then instantly die....
i think i got mine for £25 6 months ago..what price for good quality extra safety i thought...the amount of resistance is unnoticeable too...

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
i think i got mine for £25 6 months ago..what price for good quality extra safety i thought...the amount of resistance is unnoticeable too...
That's almost half the price of the link, much better.
I wouldn't expect to notice the drag either but was incensed by the other website that claimed there was no drag.

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007

Now they look much better than the link I showed :eek: sorry
They really do look like a great idea and although rather pricey I am sure it would pay dividends in the end :D
I may look at that, after Xmas though I think :)
Thanks for that and hope you have finished knitting that snood ;)

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
Now they look much better than the link I showed :eek: sorry
They really do look like a great idea and although rather pricey I am sure it would pay dividends in the end
I may look at that, after Xmas though I think :)
Thanks for that and hope you have finished knitting that snood ;)
Oh...I know Snood. At school, he was the twat who always jimmied yer stash a backie and tanned yer buckie before you could swatch it back.. a tuboid of totality....in fact..

Hope that helps..

:)
bw
musicbooks

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
Oh...I know Snood. At school, he was the twat who always jimmied yer stash a backie and tanned yer buckie before you could swatch it back.. a tuboid of totality....in fact..
Ahh? :confused:
So what part of the country are you from Musicbooks?
Well if some snood jimmied on my stash, I'd give them a swift biscuits and cheese up the Tom thumb down the apples and pears. Then get on my Haddock and bloater clever mike and get back to my cat and mouse to my cherry hog, scratch his auntie nelly and have an aristotle of britney spears in front of the custard and jelly and say a weavers chair :D

Hope that helps..

:)
bw
musicbooks
No it didn't, cos didn't understand a word of it, lol
but nice to chew the fat but must go to my uncle ted ;)