Flecc Passes The 25k Barrier

C

Cyclezee

For those of you who haven't noticed, Flecc has now posted over 25,000 times on the forum, an absolutely amazing achievement.

The sheer wealth of knowledge that Tony has and shares with everybody on a daily basis is what makes this the best e-bike forum anywhere.

Thank you Tony:D

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
It was a shame that he was stripped of his Pedelec Guru status. I still find it hilarious that some members of the forum didn't like the idea of a Guru, Senior Members and Junior Members.

A person who contributes 25000 posts needs to be recognised in some way.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'm happier incognito!

Thank you John, I hadn't been looking at the count so didn't know, thank goodness there isn't an RSPCK.

The only count I've been keeping is that of the contribution of my photos and identifications of fauna and flora to the Friends of Selsdon Wood website, 241 photos and many more identifications this year to date. Last was yesterday, risking being stung with close-ups of an amazingly active wasps nest for late October, in this case the German wasp, Vespula germanica. A still shot below and a few seconds of video of the intense activity as they buzzed around me on this link

German Wasp, Vespula germanica 1.jpg

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
German wasp, eh?

Probably a crank drive.

los monty

Pedelecer
Oct 3, 2013
I'm happier incognito!

Thank you John, I hadn't been looking at the count so didn't know, thank goodness there isn't an RSPCK.

The only count I've been keeping is that of the contribution of my photos and identifications of fauna and flora to the Friends of Selsdon Wood website, 241 photos and many more identifications this year to date. Last was yesterday, risking being stung with close-ups of an amazingly active wasps nest for late October, in this case the German wasp, Vespula germanica. A still shot below and a few seconds of video of the intense activity as they buzzed around me on this link

View attachment 7204
Is this another German invasion?

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
It was a shame that he was stripped of his Pedelec Guru status. I still find it hilarious that some members of the forum didn't like the idea of a Guru, Senior Members and Junior Members.

A person who contributes 25000 posts needs to be recognised in some way.
Tony had 'Guru' inflicted on him by me so I think he was quite relieved when it was 'stripped' ;)

Amazingly, 7 years ago today we had our first thread on Oct 26th 2006.

So a big thank you to everyone that has contributed since then and especially to Tony for the knowledge he has shared with us all. I can't remember the name of that AI website, but i'm sure we could use Tony's posts to make an electric bike version!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Is this another German invasion?
Judge from this information on the species:

German Wasps can damage some fruit crops in their foraging for food, they can also enter buildings searching for sugary food becoming aggressive and dangerous if trapped. Their sting may be dangerous to man and domestic animals, sometimes producing a dangerous anaphylactic reaction requiring urgent medical attention.

In warmer climates (Australia, Africa, South America) their nests can continue to grow over a number of seasons. This results in giant and potentially dangerous nests of over 100,000 individuals.

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
@Flecc. Thanks for all the work you have done over the years. I think of you as an old friend, although I never met you. We have not always agreed on each and every subject, but at least we agreed to differ. Well done, and here`s to the next 25,000 posts.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
I'm happier incognito!

View attachment 7204
Quality, sharp ,crisp ,clean and well contrasted video clip.

MS.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Judge from this information on the species:

German Wasps can damage some fruit crops in their foraging for food, they can also enter buildings searching for sugary food becoming aggressive and dangerous if trapped. Their sting may be dangerous to man and domestic animals, sometimes producing a dangerous anaphylactic reaction requiring urgent medical attention.

In warmer climates (Australia, Africa, South America) their nests can continue to grow over a number of seasons. This results in giant and potentially dangerous nests of over 100,000 individuals.

I expect Polish wasps live in permanent anxiety.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Tony had 'Guru' inflicted on him by me so I think he was quite relieved when it was 'stripped' ;)!
I think that it would be a good idea to provide recognition for the amount that a person has contributed to the forum. Something which a member gains at set number of contributions. Perhaps at 25000 posts a person could be awarded the Tripple P (Prolific Pedelecs Poster).

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I understand and appreciate the intention Tillson, but am happy as things stand. It's not a one way thing, I get considerable pleasure from the forum and the online contact with the members, all of whom I regard as friends who daily enrich my life.

So I'm a lucky man and that's more than enough reward for me.

Last edited: