For Sale FOLDING ELECTRIC BIKE - WISPER 806 TORQUE 20” STEP-THROUGH UNISEX

Tezzer

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 24, 2017
Cheshire
Tezzer submitted a new listing:

FOLDING ELECTRIC BIKE - WISPER 806 TORQUE 20” STEP-THROUGH UNISEX - FOLDING ELECTRIC BIKE - WISPER 806 TORQUE 20” STEP-THROUGH UNISEX

This is my wife’s electrically assisted folding bike which we are having to sell through disability.
It has only done just over 178 miles in 18months and is in very good condition.
This has the higher spec “torque” drive system for greater control and better battery life.
(See the Wisper web site for advantages of "Torque" over "cadence" sensing) (Google Wisper Bikes)
Wisper are a great brand with excellent back-up and plenty of local dealers.
Included are mirrors added post purchase. Also a...
Learn more about this listing...

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It's not an obscure bike brand to those in the know and Wisper batteries use good branded cells, at 18 month I doubt there is very much wrong with it.
Batteries over time age with the years but there should be little issue to worry about, looked after well some can get well over 5 years usage out of one.

Using Flecc's used bike valuation including the battery age the asking price is a fair one and bang on Flecc's system which is the best I have seen.

Bike price 1700 minus new battery cost = approx. 1200.
Minus bike age 18mnths so 30% depreciation = 840.
As battery is under 2 years old an approximate value can be got at.
Battery cost new 500 divide by 24 = 20.833 x 18 = 375 so residual battery price = 125.
840 + 125 = 965.
I'm assuming the battery is the 575wh model.

With used batteries it is a bit of a punt, but as the age is young it should be good for many years. Using Flecc's valuation guide a two year old battery is valued at £0 as it could fail with in 6 months or it could fail in 6 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: anonymous

anonymous

Pedelecer
Nov 19, 2019
It's not an obscure bike brand to those in the know and Wisper batteries use good branded cells, at 18 month I doubt there is very much wrong with it.
Batteries over time age with the years but there should be little issue to worry about, looked after well some can get well over 5 years usage out of one.

Using Flecc's used bike ratio including the battery age the asking price is a good one.
Thanks. I'm considering this and also this:

The bike in this listing also comes with a torque drive, and gets up to more than 50 miles easily, according to the owner (not that I need that per se, but in cold weather that's useful given reduced efficiency. My commute is 15 miles each way) The Woosh bike however hides the battery, and costs £850., albeit not available yet

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Don't forget the torque range from Wisper has a little trick up it's sleeve, it utilises torque sensor PAS system with the hub drive but if need be you can select the ' F ' setting for PAS cadence.
Also Wisper hold spares in stock for all their bikes aged up to at least 10 years old.
Of any folding bike bar a Brommie or Gocycle this would be a great used buy (if you like folding ones).

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Not being biased at all as I have no connection with Wisper, the 806T has been designed as a folding ebike with the wiring run etc taken in to account. The Dahon with a kit won't be as nice a finish as the Wisper, though will be a different story if Woosh fit the kit as they will adjust the wire runs to be shorter and neater.

anonymous

Pedelecer
Nov 19, 2019
Don't forget the torque range from Wisper has a little trick up it's sleeve, it utilises torque sensor PAS system with the hub drive but if need be you can select the ' F ' setting for PAS cadence.
Also Wisper hold spares in stock for all their bikes aged up to at least 10 years old.
Of any folding bike bar a Brommie or Gocycle this would be a great used buy (if you like folding ones).
Hi,

I'm sorry but as a "casual" I'm not sure quite what that means?

Also like this? https://www.cyclerepublic.com/gocycle-gs-folding-electric-bike-with-base-pack.html

Not sure how the above Wisper bike would compare to the new Woosh bike too? Not sure if I'd "need" a Gocycle bike either?
I have seen this:

EDIT: The Gocycle folds awfully..

Last edited:

anonymous

Pedelecer
Nov 19, 2019
Not being biased at all as I have no connection with Wisper, the 806T has been designed as a folding ebike with the wiring run etc taken in to account. The Dahon with a kit won't be as nice a finish as the Wisper, though will be a different story if Woosh fit the kit as they will adjust the wire runs to be shorter and neater.
Ah Woosh have their own new folding Rambletta bike, set for sale around February. Really it's me thinking should I get the new folding Woosh bike , available in February at £850 or.. this bike here. Not sure if the Woosh bike has a torque sensor?

Last edited:

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
The bike in question has a 375wh battery, Personally I think Wisper bikes are great having had one for over 2 years, I test rode one of these folders a couple of years ago and they are excellent.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The Gocycle GX is the folding bike not the GS in the video.

anonymous

Pedelecer
Nov 19, 2019
The Gocycle GX is the folding bike not the GS in the video.
Could I ask how that's better when compared to the Wisper 806? I've also seen the GX for about 2.8K,and none that are used?

It does cost almost three times as much too

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Gocycle is a niche premium UK designed and built bike, the price is reflected by the carbon fibre used in it's build. It may or may not be better, the simplicity of the look/design will appeal to those who can afford it or want something that is different.

anonymous

Pedelecer
Nov 19, 2019
Gocycle is a niche premium UK designed and built bike, the price is reflected by the carbon fibre used in it's build. It may or may not be better, the simplicity of the look/design will appeal to those who can afford it or want something that is different.
Ahhh. Whilst I can afford it, I'm a bit of a cheap bastard sometimes. I guess the price difference is quite stark. I'll hopefully visit the seller of the ebike in this listing, and then I may well have got one!

anonymous

Pedelecer
Nov 19, 2019
I have now acquired this:

Tezzer provided me with his number, and email address. He also gave me his co-ordinates, and a map showing where he is, given that the postcode won't get you where you need to (It covers a large area) When I arrived, he even lent me a Hi Viz vest, and offered to make tea/coffee too.

We had a little bit of a chat, and we then went on a ride with the bike. He threw in his mirrors, gave me some general advice, emailed later ensuring I got home safe. Overall, a great guy! Would recommend

Tezzer

Oct 24, 2017
Cheshire
Thanks Anonymous. It was a pleasure to meet you and I hope you enjoy the bike - we're sorry we had to let it go but as my wife's disability now prevents her cycling it's good to know it's found a good home. You'll find Wisper an excellent company to deal with and I have nothing but praise for David Maill the MD - I wish all companies provided the sort of back up support they do. Happy to help if you need any advice. Cheers Tezzer.

Kestrel

May 21, 2019
Scotland
Well, a sale, a purchase, and a pleasant discourse, my faith in human nature is restored, Thanks