For sale: Burisch Synergy GT250 Large Ebike + off road controller (as new)

technopedler

Pedelecer
Mar 3, 2013
I purchased this cycle a few weeks ago in preparation for moving to London and using it as my main mode of transport. I wasn't able to use it right away but when I eventually did, I realised that my fitness was a lot better than I thought and a normal road bike would be more suited for me.

This is a fantastic pedal assisted cycle and excellent value for money. It looks extremely discreet and hard to actually tell it is anything but a normal bike (with the battery looking like an over sized drinks bottle). If I did need a pedal assisted bike, there's no doubt this is the one I'd get. However, it is just a normal road bike that I now require. For this reason, I am reluctantly selling this.

The cycle is as new (it hasn't even covered 10 miles) and is immaculate. All the components and accessories are there. I even purchased the upgraded off-road controller (allows the cycle to reach speeds of up to 23+ mph, but this is strictly for off-road use). The upgraded controller is also brand new and I haven't even attempted to fit it. Full installation instructions are included.

I am selling the cycle for £800 (collection from SW18 area) or I can meet you anywhere in central London.

Off-road upgrade controller: £45 (including delivery)

Both together: £830 (collection from SW18 area) or I can meet you anywhere in central London.

Associated receipts for both items will be provided.

Buying this bike brand new today with the upgrade controller would cost £960 (inc delivery). Grab a bargain while you can.

Full details about the cycle can be found here: Burisch Bikes

technopedler

Pedelecer
Mar 3, 2013
I can't buy my new bike due to funds and space until I've sold the current one. Dropping price for quick sale.

Bike: £775, controller: £40, both: £800.

technopedler

Pedelecer
Mar 3, 2013
Last price drop before it goes on sale elsewhere.

Bike: £750, controller: £40, both: £775

I'm open to sensible offers

----------------------

These details are available on the website as well:
- Twist-grip throttle system with intelligent motor controller system
- 26″ Aluminium double wall rims
- Lithium-ion battery (36volt / 9ah) – Fully sealed for rainy conditions
- Can be pedalled without battery power as a standard bike
- Kenda Kwest slick tyres – tarmac optimised
- Hand built aluminium frame, painted in Ice white
- Shimano Tourney TZ Tourney SIS gear system (7-speed)
- Quick release battery
- Quick release saddle
- Quick release rear wheel
- Hidden cables
- Front and rear mud guards supplied
- Front Disc brakes (Shimano)
- Rear Disc brakes (Shimano)
- Bell and reflectors
- Rear Kickstand fitted
- Maximum rider weight 100kg
- Total weight with battery 20.5 kgs (battery weight 2.2kg)
- SR Suntour suspension forks with lockout function
- 250 watt brushless electric motor (SynergyDrive)
- Stealth Looks – hard to tell its electric
- Alloy cranks
- Zoom suspension seat post for comfortable ride
- PVC leather seat
- Full set of keys (lockable battery, and ignition switch system)
- Adjustable handlebar stem
- Frame size: Large 20″
- Burisch battery charger included
- Supplied with instruction manual, with build guide
- 12 month return-to-base warranty
- Conforms relevant EN15194 requirements

This is not the actual photo of the bike but it's fairly representative. The bike I have is a newer model and has rear disc brakes as well:
sm3.jpg

Last edited:

rustic

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 31, 2008
North Essex
Hi,

I'd have some interest in the bike, but I am not sure if the warranty would remain valid if you sold the bike on to someone else. Without the warranty I think the bike is not worth what you are asking, if the warranty remains valid then I'd be happy to chat. All the best, Rus

technopedler

Pedelecer
Mar 3, 2013
Hi,

I'm interested in your bike, if you have any photo's of it could you send them to me to bobkiedron@yahoo.co.uk. Also what price are you prepared to accept ?

Regards,

Bob
Contacted.

Hi,

I'd have some interest in the bike, but I am not sure if the warranty would remain valid if you sold the bike on to someone else. Without the warranty I think the bike is not worth what you are asking, if the warranty remains valid then I'd be happy to chat. All the best, Rus
I know for 100% that the warranty would be valid. The standard UK warranty is for the product not on the person. Companies may say otherwise but this is what the UK consumer law is and there is no getting around that. What may not be transferable between owners is any additional years of warranty above and beyond what UK consumer requires e.g. some manufacturers may offer 3 or 5 years of warranty. The additional years can be constraint entirely down to the manufacturers desires.

I will be providing the purchase receipt for the bike to the buyer so everything is provided for the warranty purchase. Bike was purchased on 22nd September 2013 so it'll be a year from then.

If you're still interested then please do get in touch. Thanks very much.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I know for 100% that the warranty would be valid. The standard UK warranty is for the product not on the person. Companies may say otherwise but this is what the UK consumer law is and there is no getting around that.
Not entirely correct.

Guarantee is essentially an insurance policy in situations where you cannot demonstrate that the bike is unfit for the purpose, eg wear and tear.

Consumers are entitled to make a claim under EU Directive 1999/44/EC for faulty or misdescribed goods for a minimum of two years but the word 'faulty' is subject to interpretation. Wear and tear does not count.

That does not mean that the vendor has to do anything when you are not registered with them.

Last edited:

rustic

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 31, 2008
North Essex
You advertise yours as 20" frame, 26" wheels. But the Burisch website lists 2 models of this:

18" frame 26" wheels
20" frame 28" wheels

Please can you confirm the dimensions of the bike you are selling. Regards, Rus

technopedler

Pedelecer
Mar 3, 2013
Sorry about that, the technical spec I copied from the website doesn't seem to account for the minor differences between the 18" and 20", I didn't realise until you pointed it out. The bike I'm selling is definitely the 20" frame. I'm fairly sure the wheels are 28" but I'll verify tonight when I get home.

technopedler

Pedelecer
Mar 3, 2013
Not entirely correct.

Guarantee is essentially an insurance policy in situations where you cannot demonstrate that the bike is unfit for the purpose, eg wear and tear.

Consumers are entitled to make a claim under EU Directive 1999/44/EC for faulty or misdescribed goods for a minimum of two years but the word 'faulty' is subject to interpretation. Wear and tear does not count.

That does not mean that the vendor has to do anything when you are not registered with them.
Your post seems a little misleading, sorry to disagree:
But the bottom line is that the new owner of this bike will be fully covered exactly as I (as the original purchaser) would be.

What do I do if I have a faulty product? - Which? Consumer Rights
"Guarantees are a contract between you and the manufacturer and the manufacturer must do whatever they say they will do in the guarantee.
Usually this will be to repair or replace a faulty item. Retailers will sometimes contact the manufacturer on your behalf, but they are not obliged to do so.
However, a manufacturer's guarantee doesn't replace your statutory rights under the Sale of Goods Act and retailers can't ignore this."

It's the Sale of Goods Act which ensure that the new owner of this bike is covered for the warranty period. Registration of the product is not mandatory and only helps to prove when the warranty starts. However, the receipt for the bike is more than enough to do this (and I will be providing this with the sale of the bike) so the new owner will be fully covered.

While normal wear and tear would not be covered, excessive wear and tear would be. If the brake pads/tyres were made of rubber as soft as butter and disintegrated within days then you would be covered under warranty. But if you cycled 100 miles a day and it only lasted 3 months then it could be argued that this would not be covered.

If the goods are faulty, you can take them back within six months and this law means the vendor has to prove they WERE NOT faulty when you bought them. Even after that you still have strong rights for SIX years, but from then on you must prove the goods WERE faulty when you bought them. So at the very worst, if you buy, take it home and it doesn't work, take it back and you are entitled to a full repair, replacement or at least a percentage towards one.

The law also states things should last a reasonable length of time. This is a deliberately vague description because the answer depends on common sense judgement (as per my brake pad/tyre example above).

Some useful links that back up what I say and give more info:
Free Warranties: Get extended warranties free - Money Saving Expert
Sale of Goods Act - Which? Consumer Rights
Citizens Advice - If the goods you bought are faulty

Last edited:

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
the Sales of Goods Act 1979 does not specify anything about warranty.
Example: you buy a flight ticket etc. they don't come with warranty.
Check with trading standard if you don't believe me.

No registration = no warranty.

Simples

technopedler

Pedelecer
Mar 3, 2013
the Sales of Goods Act 1979 does not specify anything about warranty.
Example: you buy a flight ticket etc. they don't come with warranty.
Check with trading standard if you don't believe me.

No registration = no warranty.

Simples
I think we're going off topic here, the bottom line is:
The new owner of this bike will be fully covered exactly as I (as the original purchaser) would be.

Note: I am providing the original purchase receipt to the buyer.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
warranty is an important issue, that's why a bike with similar specs as yours would cost £1100-£1200 in the shops. Bikes bought from shops enjoy a double warranty: from the shop + from the manufacturer. If one goes under, you can still rely on the other for service.

A good, transferrable warranty on simple request is worth a great deal of money when selling on your bikes. On the other hand, non-transferrable warranty can easily knock 25% off the achievable second hand price. You should ask Burisch to confirm that the warranty is transferrable. Beware also on the type of warranty that obliges you to get your bike serviced by and re-sold through approved dealers, their value is reduced. Some manufacturers offer to pay for collection of your bike, others only return to base at your cost.

I am amazed at the general lack of interest shown by prospective buyers on this important subject.

Last edited:

rustic

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 31, 2008
North Essex
warranty is an important issue, that's why a bike with similar specs as yours would cost £1100-£1200 in the shops. Bikes bought from shops enjoy a double warranty: from the shop + from the manufacturer. If one goes under, you can still rely on the other for service.

A good, transferrable warranty on simple request is worth a great deal of money when selling on your bikes. On the other hand, non-transferrable warranty can easily knock 25% off the achievable second hand price. You should ask Burisch to confirm that the warranty is transferrable. Beware also on the type of warranty that obliges you to get your bike serviced by and re-sold through approved dealers, their value is reduced. Some manufacturers offer to pay for collection of your bike, others only return to base at your cost.

I am amazed at the general lack of interest shown by prospective buyers on this important subject.
Errrm, I think I actually asked the warranty question in post #5. If the battery were to fail it would likely cost £250 - £300 to replace, if in warranty this should not be a problem. If the applicability of the warranty is under question, then the bike would only be worth £500 or so in my honest opinion. Sorry if that causes offence to the seller, but I agree with Trex, you need something from Burisch to confirm the transferability of the warranty to get anything like what you are looking for, otherwise why on earth would anyone take such a risk for such a small reduction on possible purchase price.

All the best, Rus

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
If I were interested in buying this bike, before I do anything I would contact Burisch to find how I stand with any warranty, anyone would be a fool to just take the sellers word for it.
I have my doubts that they would agree to honour any warranty, and if this is the case I would expect a large drop in price from what this bike was sold for originally.

technopedler

Pedelecer
Mar 3, 2013
To avoid discussion dragging on, I have contacted Burisch and they have said the full warranty will be honoured if the purchase receipt is retained. Just to mention again, I am selling the cycle with the original purchase receipt so the buyer of this cycle will have exactly the same warranty as I have as the original purchaser.

In being as open as possible and for those still in doubt, feel free to contact Burisch directly to get the information first hand: ::contact us:: « Burisch Bikes

Thanks

rustic

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 31, 2008
North Essex
You were right to clarify this with Burisch. I think that should be a basic requirement for any of us on here who might sell a bike as almost new.

All the best, Rus