Forking bad luck

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
tbh this is normal apple service via a 3rd party like argos even if you took it to a apple store you would still have to wait for repair.

as it Argos id get ur money back asap cos if it was a apple store well u dont want to go there lol.

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
No return call from Argos so I popped in after work.
There was a shiny new i 6 waiting for me, there was no record of my dead phone leaving the building, several employees can remember seeing it waiting to be collected but it never got logged out with the curriers :confused:

I was dreading the task of setting it up, digging out all inputting my contacts and lost app content. No worries, after it did a software update it downloaded everything from the cloud, even my alarm is set.
My mudguard is also sorted so I just need my car back now ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
an i6 pmsl in phone years that thing is a antique oap one of the kids prob seen it and threw it in the bin lol ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0033.JPG

now thats a phone and still used every day :D

Reactions: MJS_1066

Adfzx10r

Just Joined
Jun 26, 2020
Update
1/ For the forks I brought a headset with a decent stack, to help compensate for the shorter axle to crown height.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Uberbike-44-56-Headtube-Tapered-Headset-Ceramic-Bearings-Green/152694628842?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
Wow, supper smooth ride, I now realise just how bad the stock Spring forks were.

2/ The phone went back to Argos for them to sort out.

3/ My car will be fixed at the other guys expense.

I'm a happy bunny once more
Hi Gringo, i too have just fallen foul of the straight tube issue and wondered if you could let me know which headstock i would need to buy to change my forks to tapered 1 ⅛ to 1 ½. I bought a set of tapered forks by accident then sold them before discovering you can change the headstock to tapered after all!

I want to go to tapered forks so any information on what headstock and bearings required would be awesome.
Cheers

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Hi Gringo, i too have just fallen foul of the straight tube issue and wondered if you could let me know which headstock i would need to buy to change my forks to tapered 1 ⅛ to 1 ½. I bought a set of tapered forks by accident then sold them before discovering you can change the headstock to tapered after all!

I want to go to tapered forks so any information on what headstock and bearings required would be awesome.
Cheers
Hi, adtz
I can tell you what I used and assuming cube haven't changed there head stock dimensions In the past 2 years it should work for you but it’s always worth measuring thing yourself.
my 2018 cube acid one (alp motor) headstock has an upper internal dia of 44mm and the lower internal dia of 56mm.
heres a picture of what I brought to fit tapered steer tube forks, although I’ve not found that make listed for sale ATM
EAC82F03-9C59-4D35-A8AD-1209EBD5A272.png
The external lower bearing cup adds about 10mm to the ride height.
theres plenty of choice out there but I wouldn’t know the difference between one for £18 vs another for £180.

Finding one could take some trawling of the net
Don’t forget a fork crown race, some headsets come with one and some don’t

Adfzx10r

Just Joined
Jun 26, 2020
Hi, adtz
I can tell you what I used and assuming cube haven't changed there head stock dimensions In the past 2 years it should work for you but it’s always worth measuring thing yourself.
my 2018 cube acid one (alp motor) headstock has an upper internal dia of 44mm and the lower internal dia of 56mm.
heres a picture of what I brought to fit tapered steer tube forks, although I’ve not found that make listed for sale ATM
View attachment 36427
The external lower bearing cup adds about 10mm to the ride height.
theres plenty of choice out there but I wouldn’t know the difference between one for £18 vs another for £180.

Finding one could take some trawling of the net
Don’t forget a fork crown race, some headsets come with one and some don’t
That's great thanks very much for that, It just put my mind at rest before I ordered the headset.
Cheers mate

Advertisers