Forum running really slow

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4366

open task manager and see what is maxing out :) ill change my name to sound wave and get a po box for me address n fook me see rm prices for one of those things lol.
That's the first thing I did, but nothing goes over more than a couple of %. The CPU is always below 7% and memory stays fixed at 20%. As I said, this is a top spec gaming machine.

I've isolated the problem to those ads. Everything works fast until they show, then it locks, so it mast be something to do with an internet link or Chrome process or something.

Reactions: oyster

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i use chrome as a browser and no problems my end if nothing is maxing out then it could be a browser plug in needs updating like flash or java ect.

or just clear out the web search history on chrome as well and see if that helps and check windows for updates as had a few that went wrong and had to fix them pita.

also try another web browser and see if it is the same.

• Useful
Reactions: LeighPing
D

Deleted member 4366

i use chrome as a browser and no problems my end if nothing is maxing out then it could be a browser plug in needs updating like flash or java ect.

or just clear out the web search history on chrome as well and see if that helps and check windows for updates as had a few that went wrong and had to fix them pita.

also try another web browser and see if it is the same.
Great suggestions, but I already cleared all history, updated Windows and disabled all plug-ins. It's definitely the Edge Bikes ad that locks it. There are no problems scrolling where the Wisper and EBikesDirect ads are. I'll try updating Java.

• Agree
Reactions: soundwave

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Bliney !!!
You mean your real name isn't Soundwave and is just an alias :rolleyes:.

• :D
Reactions: soundwave

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
D

Deleted member 4366

I installed the latest Java, but it's still the same.

I tried MS Edge as the browser, with which I can scroll and navigate perfectly. I conclude that the problem is between that Edge Bikes ad and Chrome.

Last edited by a moderator:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
I installed the latest Java, but it's still the same.
is it the same with a different browser like edge ? as if it is still doing it then there must be a fault in the code on the server for the adds but i dont get this problem my end as far as i can see or the hosts server is picking on you for some reason lol.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
try updating the gfx card driver or go back 1 or 2 as thats all i can think off atm if every thing else is up to date driver wise.

D

Deleted member 4366

To summarise:
It only happens using Chrome as the browser
No problem with Chrome on my tablet
It locks as soon as the Ege Bikes ad shows

If I narrow my window to force the ads beneath the posts, I can scroll up and down OK as long as I don't scroll all the way to that ad.

If I'm full screen then shrink Chrome into a window, there's a 10 second delay before the scroll bar appears whenever that ad was showing at the time of shrinking.

Windows 10, drivers, Java and everything else are all latest versions.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
That's just sour grapes. The images you refer to are small, click on them and they don't enlarge.

Click on the large number of excellent bike photos posted in the last 24 hours in the cycling forums and you'll see they are usually huge, not even fitting on my monitor screen. If images are what is taking up the bandwidth you now know where to look.
Tommie is talking content rather than size..

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
The Edge ad is an animated gif. A really tiny one.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
4" square on my screen!
Ah ha! The plot thickens!

It is defined as "150" square in the html without giving a value, "px" would be the usual. It could be that units on your version of Chrome are not defined as pixels or that the Win10 version in all it's wisdom is using some other reference, a case I have seen before when site testing.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Not sure we can trust anyone with only 3 gigabytes of RAM in his computer though....
i got dual 8 core xeon cpus with 24gb ddr3 ram 12 slots ;)

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I tried MS Edge as the browser, with which I can scroll and navigate perfectly.
More than I can do with Edge - ever!

Scroll wheel often gets hijacked and scrolls left-right/back-page/forward-page, pages fail to render at all, refuses point-blank to pass PDF display over to the nominated PDF app, screws up displaying PDFs, can't print PDFs, etc., etc.

Wish they had just pre-installed Firefox... (Not itself perfect, but it is overall my preferred browser.)

Advertisers