Freego advice please

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
We picked her new bike up last thing last night, and she absolutely loves it, went on about a 15mile round trip today, don't think any of it bothered her after she got used to the gears etc, mind you i was knackerd when we got home, she was laughing. Shes already planning another ride weather permitting, lets hope we have a bit of a rainy spell ; ). I may see if i can get to Bristol next weekend to have a look in Atmosphere Bikes, 50 cycles have a shop there also, but only stock Kalkhoff, which is way out of my price range.

steve.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 16, 2011
Exeter Devon
I have persuaded my partner to buy a electric bike, and we tried her out on a wisper 705 classic bike today, yes she liked it but not the price. I have seen a pair of almost new electric bikes for sale locally, a Freego Eagle 16 amp batter and Freego Regency 16 amp battery for £1600,, while she tried the Wisper out i had a go on a Battribike Granite, i found it a very nice bike, she tried out the Batribike diamond but wasnt as happy with it. Dont know much about Freego bikes, would you say they were a good bike, the Eagle looks a reasonable spec to me but i have to get it right this time after making a huge mistake with Kudos last year. I wont buy online anymore so choice is not as good to try before buying. Could i by better for the money, the Batribike was £1000, so at £1600 for the two Freego bikes, it looks a good buy. Any advice on the bikes appreciated, or owners views.

Hi.I have had a Freego Eagle now for a few years and done now a lot of miles on it (poss 20,000 miles plus) and on this one have had no probs at all.my original bike it was one problem after another and Freego replaced it under warrentee and this oone has been problem free the time I have owned it.The tecnolagy has come on leaps and bounds and most bikes will now be reliable and as long as you do basic things like sealing all the holes with cables going in and coming out of the frame and seal the control box withh a bit of silicone you wont get a problem and i ride mine in all weather summer and winter and donnt get a problem. Get them as that would be 1/2 price for these bikes.

Regards Steve c

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
She bought the newer
Diamond Pro XL, should have made that clearer, uses it far more than I thought she would, which is strange considering she blasted me for buying that Kudos City last year, which thankfully is long gone. Me I still peddling at present

IOM

Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2008
Hi Denwyn

I have a four year old Freego Eagle which was originally used for a 20 mile commute and now used for leisure. Looks almost as good now as when I bought it. Original battery and still capable of 50 miles under my steam. Other than punctures and brake maintenance it has been trouble free.