Freego Eagle Error 30

Lee Arnall

Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2018
Wirral, Merseyside
If you took it to a bike shop most wouldn't have clue as they don't like or understand the simple China systems, these system are simpler and much easier to work on then the closed expensive ones.
Only a vendor who builds/design's their own bikes like Juicy, Wisper or Woosh would understand the fault and find the problem, that's why forums like this are so invaluable to owners of oem and kit bikes because not many in reality understand China wiring and in cases the display settings. For most dealers unless a pc can fault find an issue by plugging it in, they really haven't got a scooby.
Absolutely!!!! It’s because of being charged £85 for a fault that wasn’t fully fixed that I decided to DIY after finding your forum and learning how amazingly straightforward it can be, I just wish the controller had a bit more length on the wire it was hard to solder in the confined space of the wire bundles

Lee Arnall

Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2018
Wirral, Merseyside
Greetings all - well here is my verdict following the upgrade from Freego LED square wave controller to KT T60S sine wave controller, KT LCD 8H display:

after what was intended as a brief test ride, I carried in for 37 miles which indicates I’m very happy!!!!

mum grinning like a Cheshire Cat. It is brilliant, as suggest by Nealh and vfr400 it transformed the ride experience.

My previous freego controller was quite jumpy with 3 power levels and a poor transition into each level, there was no happy in between level often too much or too little.

The KT sine wave is smooth , a little quieter but the transition between power levels is smooth as silk. There now being 5 power levels I found there was lots of options of power to meet my needs.

The colour display is excellent clear I the bright sunlight with lots of easily accessible options.

so.......if you are out there not sure if you want to bring new life to your old electric bike, I’d suggest go for it, with the vast support on these pages you won’t be left in the dark!

Attachments

Lee Arnall

Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2018
Wirral, Merseyside
Perhaps the last question I need to ask on this project?:

can anyone tell me the cable on the KT controller that CE49CE26-6D04-4BB0-AE1F-5FC7611F849A.jpeg I can tap into to get power to my front built in light. There is the light feature on the display menu.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Perhaps the last question I need to ask on this project?:

can anyone tell me the cable on the KT controller that View attachment 41166 I can tap into to get power to my front built in light. There is the light feature on the display menu.
There's no connector for the lights. You'll have to wire them direct to the battery leads with a switch. The easiest place to solder them is underneath the block that has the battery terminals in. The two wires that connect to the bullets for the controller are already soldered there.

Reactions: Lee Arnall

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The Blue one with a link is cruise control, just disconnect the link to save a problem.

Reactions: Lee Arnall