Freego Martin City

Sam W

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 18, 2016
Lancashire, UK
I'm looking for a hybrid electric bike and the FreeGo Martin City is currently the front runner. Its £1700 or £1850 depending on the battery size.

I had a ride on the Martin Sport, which felt nice, but I don't really need a mountain bike.

Does anybody have any experience with this bike? There doesn't seem to be much else around in terms of a city/touring bike with a crank drive for this sort of money. There are plenty of testimonials around and user reviews on the dealer sites, but nothing I can find in terms of an "expert" review.

Objective comments on whether this is likely to be a good buy would be appreciated, as well as suggestions for alternative bikes in a similar price bracket.

Many thanks,

Sam

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
Looks a nice bike...At that price point is try a few others too Have a look at the Wisper Torque.
Go to a dealer who has a few different bikes you can try.

I'm sure whatever you choose you'll enjoy it.

Sam W

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 18, 2016
Lancashire, UK
Thanks for the reply. I quite liked the Wisper Torque but thought a crank drive would be better as it's very hilly around here. I've tried a few and the trouble is, they all feel nice to ride.

I had a look at a crank drive from Ebco too, but it was a bit heavier, so I thought I may as well get the Freego.

Sam