Full power Cube bikes

Bobbish

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 24, 2018
Addingham
www.youtube.com
Can you get full power Cube bikes?
When I was riding up hill last week a cube passed me as though I was stood still I was doing 16 mph

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Dongle...

Reactions: Bobbish

Bobbish

Apr 24, 2018
Addingham
www.youtube.com
Did a search for these after your answers.
I think they could damage motor and sprockets also i think the battery would run down pretty quick.

Andy McNish

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2018
Cubes are generally built to manage higher speeds that are legal in other countries so motor should be OK, and disc brakes should be able to cope, (after all you will go far faster downhill) but yes there will be much faster draw on battery and higher speeds will lower lifetime for other parts.

Bobbish

Apr 24, 2018
Addingham
www.youtube.com
Not planning on getting one anytime soon. I have had alot of problems with the bike had a new frame and motor fitted due to bearings going, they couldnt get the motor out so had to replace frame aswell. Seems OK so far but dont want to make warranty void by altering/adding anything.
The bike is the green Cube Reaction Pro Hybrid 500 had it around 6 months.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i have had a dongle since 2014 with no batt or motor problems if you get a bad ass dongle it can be removed in seconds.

dealers can not tell if a dongle has been used unless you tell them and in any case you can send the motor of ur self as long as it is under 2 years old.

2 main dealers sell dongles and honer the warranty so if they can do it anyone can.

any bike shop that cant remove 3 bolts that hold the motor on and change the hole frame to fix bearings should be avoided as they not got a fkn clue tbh.

Bobbish

Apr 24, 2018
Addingham
www.youtube.com
It was something to do with the bolts being cross threaded by factory on build, they couldnt get them out. Cube replaced the frame and motor under warranty so must have been a genuine reason otherwise I dont think they would have.

Reactions: argoose

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
on a bosch bike the motor is held on by bolts that go through the frame and motor so the only thing that can be cross threaded is the bolts on the other side and they cost 6 euros.

any bike shop should be able to remove and replace those bolts.

https://www.pro-cycling-golla.de/Befestigungschraubensatz.html

1546529752008.png

Bobbish

Apr 24, 2018
Addingham
www.youtube.com
looking at the video I can see where you are coming from with your comments. Is the CX Performance the same setup

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
yes the holes are even in the same place tho with Yamaha motors the thread is in the frame so you strip that then you need a new frame.

any competent bike shop should be able to remove stripped bolts as you could just cut them in half with a dremel cutting tool if they was that bad.

argoose

Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2017
south wales
yes the holes are even in the same place tho with Yamaha motors the thread is in the frame so you strip that then you need a new frame.

any competent bike shop should be able to remove stripped bolts as you could just cut them in half with a dremel cutting tool if they was that bad.
If you strip the threads in the frame, a good engineering firm would helicoil them for you.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
on a bosch bike the motor is held on by bolts that go through the frame and motor so the only thing that can be cross threaded is the bolts on the other side and they cost 6 euros
Not necessarily. For example my KTM has two bolts threaded directly into the motor, and three bolts threaded into the frame, with no nuts anywhere. The Cube could be just the same.

DomingoSpear

Just Joined
Jan 12, 2019
PowerPacks are the fuel tanks of pedelecs. State-of-the-art lithium-ion technology makes them into efficient and longlasting suppliers of power. As an eBiker you can ride with them very conomically and thus maximize the range of a rechargeable battery charge.

----------------
Maruti Suzuki Wagon R

Related Articles

Advertisers