Furo Xmax issue

Jim Laycock

Just Joined
Jan 30, 2024
Hi all, I'm new here & have just discovered this site after lots of searching for assistance with a problem with my Furosystem Furo XMax ebike.

I presume you are aware the company Furosystems seems to have disappeared. There are still some basic webpages available with manuals etc but nothing to contact.

The problem I have with the bike is I am not receiving any assistance from the motor when pedalling. The display was recording speed as 50kph & the display seemed to freeze at that & the motor would cut out & then not re-engage without switching off & on again, after which it do exactly the same again.

After some searching I was able to locate a replacement controller unit, the original was looking fairly secondhand & perhaps had water ingress. They are a very specific, smaller size required to fit in the frame, but this did not make any difference.

I have reset to factory settings on the KBY-DISP display unit which has stopped the high-speed reading, it appears to be showing speed correctly & alos recording distance travelled. The walk mode now works, this indicates the motor is functioning & all cables are connected correctly. But there is still no assistance kicking in on any of the five PAS levels.

I have cleaned the sensor which sits next to a small disk on the crank\inner chainring, this has an illuminated red light when the battery/display is switched on.

Any advice or suggestions would be gratefully received!

With kind regards

Jim

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi all, I'm new here & have just discovered this site after lots of searching for assistance with a problem with my Furosystem Furo XMax ebike.

I presume you are aware the company Furosystems seems to have disappeared. There are still some basic webpages available with manuals etc but nothing to contact.

The problem I have with the bike is I am not receiving any assistance from the motor when pedalling. The display was recording speed as 50kph & the display seemed to freeze at that & the motor would cut out & then not re-engage without switching off & on again, after which it do exactly the same again.

After some searching I was able to locate a replacement controller unit, the original was looking fairly secondhand & perhaps had water ingress. They are a very specific, smaller size required to fit in the frame, but this did not make any difference.

I have reset to factory settings on the KBY-DISP display unit which has stopped the high-speed reading, it appears to be showing speed correctly & alos recording distance travelled. The walk mode now works, this indicates the motor is functioning & all cables are connected correctly. But there is still no assistance kicking in on any of the five PAS levels.

I have cleaned the sensor which sits next to a small disk on the crank\inner chainring, this has an illuminated red light when the battery/display is switched on.

Any advice or suggestions would be gratefully received!

With kind regards

Jim
Had you previously attempted to change some settings in the LCD? It sounds to me like the speed sensor was set incorrectly in the LCD settings: