G-Tech. I got asked again..

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
A disabled gent asked me about the G-Tech, they've all seen it on the telly. I told him that I thought that it was a good deal. But in my opinion, a better bike right now, is the Carrera crossfire-e. Especially at it's current price point. We chatted for 10 minutes or so on kit bikes, E-MTB's and all manner of things. It turns out that he has a decent 'Chris Boardman' bike that he used a lot prior to his leg disability and was wondering if it was worth putting a kit on it. I've directed him here to have a gander, and to help him make a more informed decision.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
For most non bikers who want the occasional ride then the G Tech would be a good choice, simple bike with simple brakes, no oily chain or gears to faff with. A clean carbon belt and quite neat looks for a weekly jaunt.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

KeithMac

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2016
York
I love mine, it has a specific job for me (getting to work with as little maintenance as possible!).

I'm on with a second ebike but the Gtech will always be my first choice for the weekly commute to work.

Worth trying any bike with a Carbon Drive even if you don't want one, just to see how smooth and quiet they are.

The Crossfire E is definitely good value especially at £800.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
if he has a bad leg, then a BBS01 kit that comes with a thumb throttle is the way to go.

ElectricOwl

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 27, 2016
Derbyshire
IMO , The Gtech is a good bike but severely limited on its capabilities , if you are under 13 stone and live in a flatish area then ok , but if you are like me 15st + and live on the top of hills then you will need something with more power and gears .

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Horses for courses a fairly fit person/rider under 10/11 stone may well find the G Tech a good ride even with hills.

• Agree

KeithMac

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2016
York
I'm 12 stone and find perfect (for me), everybody looks for different things out of an ebike that's why there are so many!.

• Agree