Gavztheouch Intro

gavztheouch

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 20, 2013
Hi I am new to pedelecs, I just bought a second hand alien auroa for £210. I thought the battery was ok but I took it for a test ride last night and managed about 1 mile on high power. I think the bike has been sitting for a while and the battery is prob older than it should be.

So my options are sell the bike as it is to someone looking for a project, or take it on as a project myself. I am quite keen to try some Lipo batterys from hobby king, maybe push the voltage up to 48V. Has anyone got an auora and had success making their own battery packs? I like the idea of being able to tweak the battery packs and fix them if something goes wrong rather than dumping money into a BMS Battery pack that will start degrading as soon as I buy it. If lipos degrade or burnup, short then still have the chargers and harnesses and it should just be a case of buying new cells.

If anyone is intrested in buying this project bike I am based in central scotland. I would like close to getting my money back on the bike if possible.

Cheers
Gav