Gear change on my new Oxygen

Marchant

Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2010
Bath, UK
The twist grip changer failed changing down on a hill this morning. The gears all move as they should, but the index changer won't shift 'em. Any ideas?

D

Deleted member 4366

It's broken. Quite common on those changers. You have to get a replacement from Oxygen. I think that they've changed to another type now, so it should fix it.

Marchant

Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2010
Bath, UK
Cheers Dave, after a good-ish bit of fiddling I figured that must be the case so I'm grateful for your confirmation and have contacted John accordingly. The bike is an absolute belter, by the way.

clckn2000

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 24, 2010
Cheshire
The twist grip changer failed changing down on a hill this morning. The gears all move as they should, but the index changer won't shift 'em. Any ideas?
I change the twist grip grear change on mine for a trigger shift and therfor fron left to right hand shifting. For me thats preferable.
I've still got the shifter, if so, do you want it. Cost of postage only.??
Richard.

Marchant

Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2010
Bath, UK
Kind of you Richard, but I spoke to the excellent John Camm at Oxygen yesterday and he already has one on the way to me. Thanks anyway.

D

Deleted member 4366

If it brakes a second time, change it to a different type. It'll probably be OK. They don't like too much force, so don't try and change gear while standing on the pedals or anything like that.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I've never had any trouble with the SRAM twistgrip changers which are Shimano compatible. My current one is in it's seventh year now and I'm not gentle with it, so that is another option if trouble re-occurs.

Advertisers