Gear/throttle set-up on a Torq

robcade

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 14, 2007
Hi

I've perused as many photos as I can find, but I'm still unclear as to how the gears and throttle are set up on a Torq. Is the gear-shift a twist or a lever, and is it on the right-hand side or the left? The throttle seems to be a twist and on the right? And is that the mode-switch on the left?

Could someone tell me what's where, please?:) My right hand's not as nimble as the left, so this matters...

MTIA

Rob

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi Rob. The twistgrip throttle is on the left with a rocker light switch mounted on it.

The gear shift is a twin lever Shimano on the right, thumb and finger operation.

You can just about see them on this photo of an early bike without the light switch on the throttle. The stubs are anti-trashing devices for when the bike is upside down on rough surfaces for puncture repair:

Last edited:

coops

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2007
Manchester U.K.
Hi Rob

The pedelec/ebike mode switch (only two settings) is just visible protruding from the right hand side of the battery meter, which is the black box fixed just on the right side of the handlebars - near the centre - in that picture (look immediately under where the right hand 'stub' attaches to the bars).

I think the battery meter could be repositioned on the left side of the bars, if required Rob, though either the bell or cateye velo cycle computer may need to be shifted a little or moved from the left side to the right :).

The latest models appear to come with an LCD battery meter though, so I'm not sure whether the switch will be in the same place, or what size it is if you wanted to reposition it.

Last edited:

Advertisers