Genuine battery from amazon

Martyn Crawley

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 27, 2018
Essex
Firstly thanks for letting me join the forum..I have Haibike full 7 rc...and love it too bits..I travel all over Europe as I am retired.
I will be doing the Camino de Santiago with me brother in April and bought a new 500w battery for about 620 quid on Amazon...my problem is the new battery looks different to the old with two extra screws on the connector end..with the fakes for sale on Alibaba I was worried this was a fake.

Ballynoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2017
Perthshire Scotland
Hi Martyn,

welcome to the forum, don't know about your specific battery but if there a are any part numbers or serial numbers anywhere on the battery, you can always Google them, this is a good way of finding out more info.

The extra screws might just be an upgrade or design change from the original battery and therefore nothing to worry about. At £620 I would expect it to be genuine, as the non genuine ones are usually much cheaper, you can always google the supplier etc, and find out more info, sounds genuine to me. Maybe a picture or too might help.

Last edited:

Martyn Crawley

Feb 27, 2018
Essex
Ballynoes..thanks so much for taking the time to help me out..puts my mind at rest..I couldn' believe that Alibaba could advertise Bosch exact copies and say in the description..OEM
Original Equipt'.
You can close this thread now of you wish.
Thanks Agian Tiger.

Reactions: Ballynoes

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
bosch batts will only work with bosch motors so if it was a fake it would not work anyway as the bms has to talk to the motor for them to work.

Reactions: Ballynoes

Martyn Crawley

Feb 27, 2018
Essex
Ah good advice Soundwave...I thought they must have some sort of balast resistor process so that the controller could accurately determine the range remaining.
Thanks.

Related Articles

Advertisers