get a handle on this

simonbarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 26, 2007
West Hampstead, NW London
Not sure if everyone's asleep or shy tonight, but no posts in 3 hours or so is unusual.

How about you lot explain how/why you came up with the weird names you use on this forum :D . I never realised it was the norm as this is the first I ever posted on (hence my dull moniker :rolleyes: ) but what lies behind them.

And whose is best- I 'd vote for Stumpi:)

simonbarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 26, 2007
West Hampstead, NW London
Not sure if everyone's asleep or shy tonight, but no posts in 3 hours or so is unusual.

How about you lot explain how/why you came up with the weird names you use on this forum :D . I never realised it was the norm as this is the first I ever posted on (hence my dull moniker :rolleyes: ) but what lies behind them.

And whose is best- I 'd vote for Stumpi:)
typical - radio silence for 3 hours then Daniel posts as I was typing mine:p

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Mine's easy, just the first five letters of my Italian surname, I've used it online for many years in various forums and my websites. There are many far more intriguing forum names though, hopefully some will reveal all.

Stumpi is a great name, but Chief eZee Power also amuses. Thought he might be a Red Indian when I first saw it!

The slow posting rate is probably due to the heat sapping keyboard hitting energy.

Last edited:

Phil the drill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2008
TR9
Hi Simon.

It is a bit quiet, but then its getting on for most pedelecer's bed times ;) .
I posted about 20 mins. ago, by the way...but it probably wasn't earth shatteringly interesting...:eek: .

I reckon most folk's posting names are job or nickname related.

I worked as an oral surgeon and in medical research for many years, but gave it up some years ago and now work as an NHS dental practitioner. I think you will be able to guess the derivation of my posting name :D .

Phil

geostorm

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2009
get a handle

Hi Simon, mine is geostorm, this reminds of my name Geoff also i always seem to stir up a storm, and geo storm was the most unreliable car that i owned...

Hermit

Pedelecer
May 17, 2010
Wirral
I was typing while wearing a pair of gloves I bought in Germany. However, my lucky number is 6, so I set myself that limit in choosing my name - hence chopping a couple of letters off (and if you believe that...) :D

Morag

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2010
Shropshire
I took the name Morag years ago (for forums and such) after it was insinuated (if one can believe it) that I was a bit of a dragon nay monster, so I thought right I'll name myself after a lake monster, take that those of you that have no sense of the rediculous :D

Patrick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2009
I guess I'm just to rebellious to follow convention (or to lazy to try to think of something original). :D

Patrick

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
Musicbooks.. I love music and.... oh bloody hell it really is that predictable:D

BW
musicbooks

bode

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 14, 2008
Hertfordshire and Bath
Mine is a nickname from school, about 48 years ago, where most of us were called by our friends by twisted versions of our surnames (as mine) or first names.

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
I wanted to call myself by my own name when I first got hooked on message boards, but there was ALWAYS an Allen on it already (common as muck), so I tagged on the -UK, and it's been working for about a decade now.

Allen (from the UK, no surprise there).

Beeping-Sleauty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2006
Colchester, Essex
...well i used to work with these dwarves.....

....no, i made that up, actually i nicked it from 'the Goons'... it was that, or , because i have a large dark bike 'Burly Chassis' but i didn't want to be confused with a world famous female songstress.

beeps

Advertisers