Getting What you want

Charliefox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2015
Culloden Moor Inverness
Hello everyone!
I joined to see how other members get to electrify their bikes and to hear comments on new ones. Since a replacement knee 18 months ago I have had to shorten cranks on 3 bikes and heighten the saddle on all of them.I have had a very reliable Euro Powerbyke since they first came out in 2000.I got a kit for my wife's bike from the US later since there was not much available in the UK at the time. This had a non geared front hub that ran fast on moderate inclines but laboured on the hills around Inverness. Now I have ordered a rear hub Bafang geared motor which takes cassette gears and a brake disc to use on a full suspension Giant. I will carry the LiPol battery in a rucksack using an easily detachable plug and socket in the power line.No room on the frame anywhere! I had, reluctantly, to order it from China as a big internet search in the uk revealed nothing. So far some £267 with a duty/VAT bill to come.At least I know it made it to the UK and is now travelling to the Highlands with Parcel Force.I'll let you know how I get on.

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Hello everyone!
I joined to see how other members get to electrify their bikes and to hear comments on new ones. Since a replacement knee 18 months ago I have had to shorten cranks on 3 bikes and heighten the saddle on all of them.I have had a very reliable Euro Powerbyke since they first came out in 2000.I got a kit for my wife's bike from the US later since there was not much available in the UK at the time. This had a non geared front hub that ran fast on moderate inclines but laboured on the hills around Inverness. Now I have ordered a rear hub Bafang geared motor which takes cassette gears and a brake disc to use on a full suspension Giant. I will carry the LiPol battery in a rucksack using an easily detachable plug and socket in the power line.No room on the frame anywhere! I had, reluctantly, to order it from China as a big internet search in the uk revealed nothing. So far some £267 with a duty/VAT bill to come.At least I know it made it to the UK and is now travelling to the Highlands with Parcel Force.I'll let you know how I get on.
I had a rucksack battery on one of my bikes for a bit. Anderson powerpoles are a good for connecting, as they will come apart easily if you forget or have a spill. You want a load of foam/bubblewrap in the rucksack to protect the battery though.