Ghost Mtb

mab13

Pedelecer
Jun 23, 2015
Peak District
Don't know much about them but seem to be equivalently spec'd and priced as the Cube Elite Hybrid range.

Ignoring the top of the range carbon hardtail, you're looking at £3,100-£3,200 for the second best carbon hardtail (XT in Ghost, X01 / XT in Cube) and weighing in at a rather nice ~17.8kg.

The Teru LC 9 (i.e. one down from the top of the range 10) looks really nice too.

Mar 9, 2016
Cheers.
I had brochure sent but no prices and not many specs. You are right the Teru 9 does look great and prices are good for such a light bike.
Might find a dealer to go and look.

Last edited:
They are distributed in the UK by a company called Hotlines, who are owned by Chain Reaction Cycles. As such lots of bikes shops don't like buying bikes / components from the company that is on the other hand trying to destroy them, so they aren't as well represented in the UK as some of the other big Euro brands.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I can't work out if I like it or not. It's a bit of a Marmite bike.

I like the headstock area, and seat stays, but don't like the extra brace on the top tube/seat tube, or the sweep at the bottom bracket area. I don't think that the pin stripe helps in that respect, as it pulls the eye towards it. The cable/hose routing looks nice and neat and tidy though.

The jury is out on that one. :)

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i dont like the price :eek:carbon frames not that expensive now

Reactions: EddiePJ

mab13

Pedelecer
Jun 23, 2015
Peak District
I can't work out if I like it or not. It's a bit of a Marmite bike.

I like the headstock area, and seat stays, but don't like the extra brace on the top tube/seat tube, or the sweep at the bottom bracket area. I don't think that the pin stripe helps in that respect, as it pulls the eye towards it. The cable/hose routing looks nice and neat and tidy though.

The jury is out on that one. :)
I think they've missed a trick not having the branding cross the battery and downtube which I feel gives a more integrated look. However, I quite like the sweep from the top tube and the other subtle design elements - something a little different, although I appreciate not to everyone's tastes.

Overall, I think it's a good looking bike and I'm a sucker for carbon hardtails, so it ticks a lot of boxes for me... particularly weighing in at 17.8kg.

mab13

Pedelecer
Jun 23, 2015
Peak District
i dont like the price :eek:carbon frames not that expensive now
I think it's most sensible to ignore the top-of-the-range models. Same with the Cube Elite Hybrid SLT carbon hardtail which costs £5k.

They are a wonderful spec and weigh in at 16.9kg but you're paying an extra £1,500-£2,000 to save 0.9kg of weight (and instead of XX1, you're still getting X01, for example, which is awesome).

£5,000 = 16.9kg
£3,200 = 17.8kg

If you're looking for a lightweight carbon hardtail, the second best in the range is typically the sweet spot in my opinion.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Related Articles

Advertisers