Giant Ebikes

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Eskuta meets the requirements you listed. They can be adjusted to go quite fast, and if you add the optional throttle, you don't even need to pedal. Without the throttle and speed adjustment, it would do 15.5 mph, the same as the bikes you listed, but with much less pedal effort. You only need to rotate the pedals slowly to get full power. They come with a sophisticated security system too. The battery is massive, so they also go quite far.
https://www.eskuta.com/products/eskuta-sx250-electric-bike

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jameshj and tommie

Ocsid

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2017
Hampshire
I was taking a long detailed look at the Giant DailyTour in the Liv dealers this Wednesday, and liked what I saw.
My wife's Kalkhoff 2015 Agattu features the belt drive with 8 speed Nexus which is a lovely set up and avoids her getting messed up with oil, so they're a big plus.
It seems removing the battery for remote recharging might be a bit more of an issue, and to us vital.
The front forks are "air" an obvious improvement on hers, but things ought to move on in 4 years.
Another issue might be the front wheel is not "quick release"; our needs to transport it in our SUV needs that height reduction and its transport clamping facility.
Unfortunately, as displayed I could not even sense the weight, let alone get it weighed, but I sense it is going to be every bit as heavy.
I have no desire at all for anything illegal, so the fact it is assist limited to 25 kmh is par for the course . Anyway, its one of the few on my possible list.

Reactions: jameshj

Zak Tempest

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 28, 2019
Hi all,

I am looking for an upright commuter bike where I can exert minimum effort but still clock up a decent speed and not break a sweat.

I have been looking at Moustache, Gazelle and Giant and this bike looks like a good buy, particularly the carbon belt. Does anyone ahve any advice for someone in my position?

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/gb/dailytour-eplus-1-low-step-through-electric-bike-2019

Hi,

I went through exactly the same path. I looked at the electric delivery bikes and pedal mopeds. I liked they way they had much better lights and an alarm and a better frame. The down side is that the range they quote (in my experience) is over the top. The moped I got was said to do 20 miles. We have lots of hills and I am +100Kg with my gear on. The bikes are designed for smaller framed people.
I also found that although they have pedals, they are very difficult to use because of their position.
For this reason I strongly suggest you try before you buy to ensure the bike meets your requirements.
I ended up getting a crossfuse from Halfords. Which I have used for the last fortnight commute non stop. The motor is smooth and the range is long.

Good luck