Giant lafree Lite

Jokmath

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 13, 2010
Hi, I have had a Giant Lafree lite for about five years and my wife now has one as well. Both given regular service and been very reliable. Mine got me back on a bike after 30 years without riding one. We live In Pembrokeshire
The specific reason I have joined the forum is that we have two problems;

1. My wife's bike has simply stopped working, ironically this happened when it was in the bike shop being serviced - they say that is a coincidence and they can't fix it till the electric bike mechanic comes back from holiday. The battery is charged and works in my bike, the red light comes on on the handlebar (Sometimes it comes on for a few seconds as it should, sometimes it comes on constantly which generally indicates a fault). All the mechanicals are fine and I can't see any loose connections but no power- I wondered if anyone had a similar problem

2. The second problem is that one of our batteries has recently died and won't take a charge anymore. I know they can be re-celled but don't have the technical competance to do this myself - does anyone know of a service who will do the re-celling for me? -- Many thanks

Jokmath

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 13, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion - have you suggested the contact as a bike repairer or a battery problem sorting person?

Jok