Giant Suede E

Nov 10, 2006
Midlands
Using my old original pack after refurbishment at Cell pack solutions. :eek:
Seemed a shame to ditch it when it wasn`t broken-just tired-.

Fits perfectly in a waterproof pouch on the rack.

Cabled down the carrier bar and into the two pole terminals added to the battery.. (Yes there is space in the battery case for the pole terminals).

See attached

Andrew

Battery FAQ

Attachments

chuck

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 25, 2007
Hello Andrew,

My battery (SuedeE9 months old) makes impossible to climb my 200meters 12% slopy street, since one month; Giant (who opened it) told to my dealer the battery must be changed with a new one within the warranty.
Now, I still use my "old" battery, charging it each 7 km; the dealer tells the new battery would come on december, but not sure...
So I'm interested in a new cell pack that would be charged with the same charger: how much was your new cell pack and where did you get it? Why did you keep your old battery between this new cell pack and the connexions to the engine?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Chuck, Andrew only comes in here intermittently so may not see this post or a private message. However, you can contact him directly by email or instant message from this page.

kfroment

Just Joined
Jul 22, 2008
Hello Andrew,

My battery (SuedeE9 months old) makes impossible to climb my 200meters 12% slopy street, since one month; Giant (who opened it) told to my dealer the battery must be changed with a new one within the warranty.
Now, I still use my "old" battery, charging it each 7 km; the dealer tells the new battery would come on december, but not sure...
So I'm interested in a new cell pack that would be charged with the same charger: how much was your new cell pack and where did you get it? Why did you keep your old battery between this new cell pack and the connexions to the engine?
Chuck, Did you ever find a place to get a reasonable battery pack for your Suede E? I need one too, but $475 seems awful steep. Thanks, Ken

chuck

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 25, 2007
Suede battery: Giant France new info

In "CYCLURBA" Forum (French "PEDELEC "Forum) :

Batterie et chargeur NiMH pour le Suède : du nouveau ! Forum Cyclurba. Velos electriques Giant

you can go to "vélo électrique Giant" if you understand French (or Babelfish...), there is a very recent thread about Suede battery; it tells that Giant France makes refitting new its bad batteries (the same NiMh) from "CIBLENERGIE" (French dealer for all kind of batteries) ... but you have to get (purchase!) a new charger, since the standard one are not kind with the batteries
(the old charger, such as the one I have, makes "burning" too much the battery just before it shut the charging process; the solution with the "old" charger should be first to measure the voltage/tension and then to know how long time, depending how many miles, is enough to shut/cut the charging process, much before the battery is hot under the fingers!).
In this thread, there is a quite different "mode d'emploi" telling how to manage in different situations regarding how and when charging the battery with its new charger.
We're not at all happy to have to buy a new charger (and battery!) soon or later, since it's because the standard one is "poor" (not good) that we'll have all our batteries dead quicker than with other NiMh electric assisted bikes; "HopeThalidon" in the French thread is asking his dealer to get a new charger without paying anything since it must still be under warranty: wait and see...
About the price, I'm still waiting for a quote and would tell you when I know something.

Advertisers