good morning !! from a newbie

midlands_nick

Just Joined
Feb 28, 2015
Hi my names Nick, I recently bought myself an electric bike that used ot belong to my father in law after he sadly passed on, its a powerbike mark 1 I think, I will try to put some pics up in a bit once ive given it a clean and sorted out the dodgy motor connections by the back wheel (was a non runner but have had life from it since!).
Am also madly into classic cars and anything unusual !

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Welcome Nick

The powerbike could be old enough to class as a classic now!
Although it's the giant that really has the crown here.

Enjoy

Reactions: midlands_nick

midlands_nick

Just Joined
Feb 28, 2015
IMG_0588.JPG ive got no idea how old it is, I know however that Charlie loved it to bits and used to use it to go see his grandkids on, and where he lived was very hilly, yet he never had any issues with it,

Last edited:
Reactions: Sylvester
D

Deleted member 4366

The motor gives a lot more torque for hill-climbing than many modern bikes. What's more, that bike is one of the very few truly legal bikes with its "200W" motor.

Reactions: trex

midlands_nick

Just Joined
Feb 28, 2015
well the bike is back in service, have been using it for my 7 mile work commute while the classic car is being repaired, its not fast, but its a massive help on the hills having the motor.. more help than I realised it would be !!!

C

Cyclezee

Hi Nick,

Looks like you got a good one there that has been well cared for so should give you good service.

I was recently offered an identical bike in part ex for new eZee bike but declined, it was not in as nice condition as yours but with Li Ion battery.