Nov 19, 2008
Reviewer: Zaza

Purchased From: The Electric Transport Shop - Camden

Purchase Price: Ex demo model £700

Time Owned: 2 weeks

Local Terrain: Flat / Moderate Hills

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Strengths: Ease of ride, great position of handlebars for an upright posture,
easy climb over so good for small female like me, Comfy seat, good constant speed and kicks in nicely for hills

Weaknesses: Low gears! You peddle air going down hills and it feels
uncomfortable that you cannot peddle to keep control of the bike, You have to take off the seat to get to the battery every night to recharge, you have to keep the handlebar twisted to get extra assistance up a hill. With the Wisper you just click a switch I believe. Heavy bike!

Summary: A great first electric bike for whizzing around town. This bike would suit a female as it has a nice low step in. It has such ease of ride that it makes long distances a joy, even in this cold weather! Great upright position due to positioning of handlebars. The bike is quite heavy but not as heavy as the Wisper!

Overall Rating (out of 10) : I would give this bike 8 outta 10. It would be 10 outta 10 with the correct gears but Green Edge are gonna mix that for me for £80 Plus VAT. The Electric Bike shop in Camden was also very helpful.

RichardB

Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2006
Submitted by Lolbees

Model: Greenedge Silverado

Retailer: The Electric Transport Shop (Camden)

Purchase Price: £850

Time Owned: 2 months

Terrain Flat

Strengths:
Well made
Easy to clean
Sturdy
Good riding position
Strong acceleration
Folding mechanism is good and can be wheeled along the ground
Great to have pedal assist and a throttle !

Weaknesses: A hard ride may not be to everyone's taste
Due to gears set up I can't do more than about 18mph on the flat

Summary: I bought this bike after getting fed up waiting for Urban Mover to deliver the UM24 I had ordered through Halford's Cycle to Work deal with my employer. The shop was extremely helpful and I test drove this model before purchase. I have now done 400 miles on it. I have managed to get 13 miles range on just throttle but haven't fully tested the range on pedal assist only. The furthest I have cycled before recharging is 19 miles.It saves me 5 mins off my journey time of 5.5 miles to work and I can wear a suit and not get hot and bothered for business meetings-Great !

Overall Rating: 8.5