Grown a Moustache!

Robbieg

Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2016
Burton on trent
Hi all, made a purchase a couple of days ago, taking advantage of dealer offers on 2019 ebikes as they make way for next year's new stock. The Moustache Samedi Xroad, slightly different from my normal choice in that it's a do anything bike but more Mtb orientated in its frame design. Have only covered about 10 miles up to now making slight changes to handlebar and saddle positioning, swapped saddle out for the Brooks Flyer, basically a B17 with springs. Will see how I go on with this bike and report back but early signs are that it's a really nicely built machine.20190914_063929.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: MJS_1066

Robbieg

Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2016
Burton on trent
About 78 miles completed up to now over varied terrain from lanes to rough track and canal towpaths. First impressions are that this bike is really comfortable and capable over most surfaces. The wheels and tyre size copes well with tracks and uneven surfaces and is reassuring when suddenly coming upon potholes or broken tarmac, as the bike feels rock solid at all times. The frame seems to primarily resemble an mtb but the handlebar shape enables an upright position which enhances good control, a relaxed shoulders and neck, and by experimenting with saddle height /angle an efficient riding position was found pretty quickly. The 10 speed shimano deore gears change faultlessly as is par for the course with this well proven set up. However the 15 tooth sprocket at the front means the ratios are on the low side and when riding on the road the 3 highest gears (3 smallest cogs) are mostly used. But this is suited to the Xroads remit because as a do it all bike the ratios are also great for those steep and rutted tracks that are becoming more popular amongst some cyclists in an effort to get away from heavy trafficked areas. The Samedi Xroad differs from the Friday model by the latter having a 22 tooth front sprocket and therefore ratios are more suited to road use primarily, but both models seem really well made and capable. I would be interested to know if I may be able to change the handlebar stem to the one on the Friday model as it has a quick release and the ability to change the bar position by 90 degrees, making it easier to store in the shed. Today I rode economically in ECO and achieved 19 miles on mixed surfaces before the first 20% bar disappeared. This equates to around 95 miles per full charge, but in real terms will probably be less. But even if I could achieve around 75 miles from the 500 watt/hr battery then if I carried the other battery from my R and M bike with me, I could possibly achieve around 150 miles under favourable conditions on a long run. This is the advantage of not having an intube battery type for me when choosing a second bike. Really pleased with the Moustache Samedi Xroad, hopefully this will continue and my choice to buy this type of bike instead of one more orientated to the road will prove to be the right one. More about the reasons for that choice at another time, until then bye for now.

Reactions: MJS_1066

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Looks very good esp in Grahite Grey.