Help! Gtech battery mk1 (round button) Can anyone tell me where the yellow wire goes?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Have a close look at the solder contacts with a mag glass hidden by the Red connector , look for tell tale signs of wire ends left behind or a solder footprint that matchesthat remaining on the end of the wire.
Other wise the answer is no haven't a clue as the board itself is in the main mostly obscured to see any detail where most of the wiring is soldered.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
It goes at the back where the other wires are, but like all the photos we get for problems like this, you never show the bit we need to see.

Reactions: rocoss

rocoss

Just Joined
May 3, 2023
Tarbet
Have a close look at the solder contacts with a mag glass hidden by the Red connector , look for tell tale signs of wire ends left behind or a solder footprint that matchesthat remaining on the end of the wire.
Other wise the answer is no haven't a clue as the board itself is in the main mostly obscured to see any detail where most of the wiring is soldered.
Thanks for your input. The end of the yellow wire has a crimp on the end with no visible signs of solder. The crimp end is hollow which would suggest it goes onto a pin connection. I asked the same question on ”Just Answer” and for £1 I got the reply “ get a wiring diagram from the manufacture. He also said that the white gunk in the base could be highly cancerous. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO CONTACT THE BATTERY MANUFACTURER IN CHINA ?

Attachments

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Very bad photos again. Did you look at them before posting or are you joking with us?

Either way, it looks like pin 5, but you're photo is so bad, it might be pin 6. See if the broken pin is still in there. It might be easier to reattach that pin to the pcb rather than the connector.

The white stuff is silicone rubber, which doesn't cause cancer. I disassembled one of those batteries about 5 years ago, and I handled it a lot while I chipped it all away. I'm still here. I took photos of the inside and put them in Photo bucket, but I they wiped them out when I wouldn't pay.

Reactions: Nealh

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I found my photos, but they're only of the disconnected PCB. It's the BMS, so that wire must be one of the cell sense wires, which makes it easy. From the ground wire, you can measure the voltage on each one to find its position. They go up in steps of around 4V, so you can find it's position in the sequence. Measure the voltage on the pins where the connector is soldered to the PCB, but be careful not to short to the adacent ones.

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
That'll be £1 please. Claim it back from Justanswer for giving such terrible advice, and send it to me.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
As Saneagle has said it is a sense wire now that you have described and shown the extra very poor quality pics, from the pic blown up (though very blurry) it is clear that the Yellow sense wire has come from the vacant positon between the Green & Orange sense wires.
Use a meter to get a voltage reading via the Yellow wire and Gnd then probe the Green to Gnd and Orange to Gnd and one should find there respective voltages fall either side of the Yellow wire voltage.
Be carful,not to let the Yellow touch anothe rcontact otherwise it will likely melt as well as giving you a heart attack from sparking and going bang.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Jeez all that silicone gunk around the jst connection, must be one of the messiest unprofessional jobs I have seen.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It's pin #5 D8ve aka B4.
For the Op the first wire Black is B- and connects to the battery minus or 0V cell end of the first in series , the other 10 coloured all carry a positive supply and in turn each wire is connected to the 10 cells in series , starting at B1+ Brown and numerically going up to B10+ with the last Red wire.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Just Answer looks like should be called Just Answer B******s .com