Help! Haibike battery

Haris

Just Joined
Feb 26, 2022
Help! I’ve got haibike flyon 5.0 and the battery won’t charge and lights are not Turing on. So took battery apart and checked all the cells and all balanced and charge but still won’t turn on. As the bms is dead and just won’t work. If anyone knows where could get a replacement bms from would be much appreciated. Or has any idea of what’s up. As new battery about £800 bit out my budget.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you wont get a bms as dont sell them and they booby trap them so cant be recelled so only option is a new batt.

• Informative
Reactions: guerney

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If the BMS is toast the cells will have some value in them and a new generic BMS will make a nice battery for a kit bike. For < £350 one could have a tsdz2 kit for a bike and use the battery and still be cheaper then a new battery.

• Agree
Reactions: guerney

fluffyjoe

Just Joined
Feb 8, 2023
Help! I’ve got haibike flyon 5.0 and the battery won’t charge and lights are not Turing on. So took battery apart and checked all the cells and all balanced and charge but still won’t turn on. As the bms is dead and just won’t work. If anyone knows where could get a replacement bms from would be much appreciated. Or has any idea of what’s up. As new battery about £800 bit out my budget.
same problem here ...but ive not established if its the bms or cells ...we could swap the bits and try if you still have it ?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if you remove the bms it will lose its can bus programming and be bricked tho it can be done but it needs pcb board level repair and custom tools and software.

liofit can do it but there based in germany.

Reactions: fluffyjoe

fluffyjoe

Just Joined
Feb 8, 2023
if you remove the bms it will lose its can bus programming and be bricked tho it can be done but it needs pcb board level repair and custom tools and software.

liofit can do it but there based in germany.
apparently they are working on it ...like you said the fkers booby trap the device ...so far the best guys to talk in the uk has been you and Ebike sussex nobody else in the uk has a clue

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
yeah it is a pita and as they have the new smart frame batts that will come out next year they wont even work on older motors like my gen 2 cx so had to get a new 500w one last year for £633 plus i had to go and get it as wont post it :rolleyes:

you can get 3rd party ones but there also in germany. https://e-bike-vision.de/product/ebv-ebike-battery-compatible-to-bosch-active-performance/en

i tried to buy one but again wont post them plus you would have to pay import fees as well :mad:

sell it and get a bafang hd ;)

fluffyjoe

Just Joined
Feb 8, 2023
yeah it is a pita and as they have the new smart frame batts that will come out next year they wont even work on older motors like my gen 2 cx so had to get a new 500w one last year for £633 plus i had to go and get it as wont post it :rolleyes:

you can get 3rd party ones but there also in germany. https://e-bike-vision.de/product/ebv-ebike-battery-compatible-to-bosch-active-performance/en

i tried to buy one but again wont post them plus you would have to pay import fees as well :mad:

sell it and get a bafang hd ;)
I did find a cheap supplier in italy https://www.bikeshopping.it/ which charged £ 600 but then 4 days later told me is a further £100 for shipping ..(still 200 less than rrp) i don't know if i will get customs fees on top yet

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

they have 1 in the warehouse but they will only send it to one of there stores for collection.

you could also try here but when i asked last year had a bit of a long waiting list as they can only get so many per month as a world wide distributor for bosch.