Haibike Mini enduro 2017

chris130256

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 4, 2016
herefordshire
http://www.fodmtb.com/single-post/2017/01/23/Mini-Enduro-Series
The wife and I are interested in doing this series and liked the 'fun' aspect and the fact you don't need a high mtb skill level to compete. We are both competent in most conditions off-road but when I read that at Bike Park Wales, 2 red runs and 1 black run would be part of the competition, I think that is beyond our skill set? I've seen vids of the black runs at BPW and I don't want to even attempt to have a go on these.
I do like the Haibike sponsorship of the series and they are going to have bikes to test at the events. There are special stages of uphill sections for the emtb's, so future events should see more of the same? Good to see emtb's being promoted like this.
Anyone up for this?

slevin27

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 20, 2016
leeds
I was looking forward to seeing the rounds and dates of this series, but unfortunately they are all a fair distance from me so I am more inclined to enter Boltby Bash as it's only an hour up the road rather than the 4 BPW is. It's a shame they are not covering more of the country. The format sounds good though.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
http://www.fodmtb.com/single-post/2017/01/23/Mini-Enduro-Series
The wife and I are interested in doing this series and liked the 'fun' aspect and the fact you don't need a high mtb skill level to compete. We are both competent in most conditions off-road but when I read that at Bike Park Wales, 2 red runs and 1 black run would be part of the competition, I think that is beyond our skill set? I've seen vids of the black runs at BPW and I don't want to even attempt to have a go on these.
Judging by the following opening statement, I would say that you would be fine. :)

"Mini Enduro events are all about fun. They’re held in one day and don’t need the best bike, the biggest balls or the fittest legs. Riders aged 13+ can enter and anyone with a bit of experience of riding off-road trails is welcome. Pros and first time racers alike can compete at the Mini Enduro. eBikes and people powered bikes are welcome.

Stages are designed to be rideable by anyone with a bit of off-road experience. There will be technical features that will challenge the best when tackled at top-speed ... but there's no do-or-die stuff and nothing that you can't roll down or tackle at your own speed. Fun is the name of the game."

Reactions: chris130256

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
id get some decent body armour if you want to try bpw but the forest is not that bad and you can go around most things like big drop offs or jumps.

tho they still think ebikes are slower than a old granny pmsl

chris130256

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 4, 2016
herefordshire
That was the info that got us interested Eddie. But, on the Bike Park Wales info it states you must be able to do the reds and black runs at that venue. I think we'll skip that round and do the other 2?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you could do bpw but unless you like jumping and drop offs i doubt you will like it and will end in divorce lol

my wrists give out b4 my batt does or the xd hub destroys it self.

it dont look steep in the you tube vids but it is and at the forest you dont have to commit that much like bpw there expert for a reason ;)

• Informative
Reactions: chris130256

Highside43

Pedelecer
Jul 26, 2016
Aberdovey
www.cubeengineering.co.uk
I've entered the BPW run on March 4th.

I've never done BPW before, so my first time there will be on the practice on the Saturday of race day...

Having had a taste of it at FoD last October, I can confirm that they are bloody good fun, yet still maintain the competition aspect / nerves - wait until you do your first start with the timing beeps...

I plan on doing as many of the enduro rounds as possible this year - work and motorcycle commitments aside.

Related Articles

Advertisers