For Sale Haibike Sduro Trekking with no battery or charger

scotsguy00

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 2, 2019
Are Haibike batteries one size fits all, or would you need one specific for this bike?

Eagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2012
They should all be the same size physically.
I know it is more expensive but it is probably better to get the 500Wh not the 400Wh version, unless you have mainly flat terrain and/or only do short journeys.
Don't forget a new key and assembly will be needed, plus a charger.
You will need a LCD display as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Barrio Barranco

treasuresfather

Jul 20, 2018
How realistic would it be to connect up a battery made up with 18650 cells to a bike like this ? I'm not asking about the actual method of making the battery, just if it would be relatively easy to connect up, thanks.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it has a Yamaha motor you can get 3rd party ones but still going to be expensive and imo it is stolen.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
How realistic would it be to connect up a battery made up with 18650 cells to a bike like this ? I'm not asking about the actual method of making the battery, just if it would be relatively easy to connect up, thanks.
It's been done, but you need to know what you're doing. You need some electronics that reproduce the hand-shaking protocols using an Arduino or something similar. There's a guide somewhere on how to do it.

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
Zoom in on the bars, looks like the display head unit is missing....hmmm, e-bike parked up, owner takes away head unit and battery for security....looks dodgy as F but definitely a steal at the price!!!

scotsguy00

Mar 2, 2019
I contacted the seller and they have confirmed the controller is missing.

I'm thinking I'll give it a miss.

I'm very close to buying a big bear from Woosh, just need to decide if I can justify it to the boss.

cjm_2017

May 18, 2017
cardiff
From the listing:

Hi got this lovely bike from a boot sale
It looks hotter than a very hot thing. I hope someone has passed the details onto the police (or if you're in Glasgow, the polis).

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
As dodgy as Arthur Daley.

Reactions: cjm_2017

Andy McNish

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2018
Obviously stolen. :mad:
Why would anyone buy a £2000 bike and put it less than a year later 'in a car boot' without its battery and controller for less than £100?

Reactions: cjm_2017

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
We should let the potential owner and the police sort it out. As they took no frame number (would the shop of original purchase not have this recorded??) they should go along for a look (pretending to be interested to bid), armed with a copper in tow out of sight and the battery key -to establish whether it was theirs, maybe it's not?!! But if the key works....bingo!
It's been 6 months maybe the owner of the reported bike has given up hope and flogged the battery/charger/controller??

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if it had the batt and display round here you would get about £200 for it.

as there both missing you would be lucky to get £50 round here as its not worth the hassle why imo it was sold 6 months later at a car boot.

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
Sold for £231..... Wonder what has happened- were the police informed? If so did they do anything about it? I'm curious to see just what happened lol....
I've got no faith in our local rural police....they're useless and as such only seem to spend time raising revenue from on the spot fines for trivial offences like folk peeing in a bush after closing time than actually doing any real work on real crimes.... (That's why my E-bike lives in the man cave not in the shed with the rest of the antiques)