Have you seen this TMM4 torque sensor?

cirrus18

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2009
Cornwall. UK
Anybody know if these sensors are available as a retrofit? Could be a good project for someone with the necessary electronic know-how to develop a DIY product.

TMM sensor unit IDbike | TMM sensor unit

The TMM4 sensor is the newest development of IDbike, and can be used for measuring the crank torque if the cyclist. Because of the high precision this sensor can be applied in elecrtic bicycles as well in power measurement systems.

At this time IDbike has started up production, sensors are available now.

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
Last edited:

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
FYI, I've restarted this thread to find-out more about torque sensing:

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/electric-bicycles/1172-home-made-pedelec-pedal-torque-sensor.html#post62512

I came across the TMM4 during my search too (the latest iZip Enlightened use the ID-Bike technology). Scroll down within the above link or clicky below to access directly:

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/electric-bicycles/1172-home-made-pedelec-pedal-torque-sensor.html#post62519
Just discovered these e-bikes with the TMM torque sensor (PoweredBicycles "Mantra" and "City Thunder" brands):

Electric Bikes By Poweredbicycles - Aluminium Alloy Frame - Lightweight - Mantra Ultra Light Torque Measurement Method ( TMM ) New 2010 Model

Powered bikes take the strain out of travel

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I looked when Scatty recommended them on another thread, weight put me of 24kg/ only 10 amp battery and the girly light blue colour:p (doh! they do other colours) I don't mind whatever colour a bike or car is as long as it is Black:D

now I see the "thunder" looks remarkably like a wisper....lazy design, and looks identical to Old Timers £600 bike?

reading through the first Link it is hardly new technology as fitted to production bike in 2002 and others since. If that good why has it not caught on I wonder

Last edited:

Scatty

Pedelecer
Jan 15, 2009
:confused: it looks nothing like old timers bike. yes its a mountain bike very simliar to a wisper but as its been said before very different (does come in black) tho the parts & motor are the same. Torque sensor's are quite often found on european bikes dutch & german in fact did the germans or dutch not invent the TMM ? because they cannot have throttles, but did not just want one speed & thats it :p I personally think that alot more manufactures will start using torque sensors sooner or later seen as the throttle mybe a thing of the past if the new law's ever get through.:eek:

Last edited:

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009