Hello....confused from Cirencester area.

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
Hi
My wife and I are looking at getting fit again and ebikes seemed to answer the call. I have spent weeks looking online and have to admit the longer I look the more confusing it becomes.

I was very interested in the BH Neo but have now ruled that out. I'm very interested in the Kudos Eiger but Kudos don't offer a step through with Nuvi hub for my wife.

I like the Wisper set up the blue label Komfort looks good but having heard there is a new Wisper model about to come out I'd like to have more info on that.

KTM look awesome but I feel I'm too old to be riding a young persons sports bike...lol..

Then there us the Tonora Esprit & Compy.....still trying to work out how Powerpedals can offer so much for the price..is it lower margins or shorter supply chain...or just inferior components.

Sorry to have rambled.

Reactions: Wisper Bikes
D

Deleted member 4366

I think you're suffering from information overload. Firstly, all electric bikes work pretty well. It's only if you've eaten too many pies and/or you have difficult terrain to cycle over, or you have other special requirements that you have to worry about the type of bike. One other thing: If you think that you might want to dress up in lycra when you ride your bike, think about one with a torque control system rather than speed control. It's mainly the cheaper bikes that have speed control, but don't worry, it's more than adequate and, for those that don't like to dress up in lycra, it's better than torque control.

Nuvinci gears are a bodge to fix dodgy gear-changing on crank-drive bikes. It has no advantage on anything else, so that's one thing less not to panic about. The dodgy gear-changing is no big deal, and you soon learn to ride in a way that mitigates it.

Reactions: Crockers

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
most crank drives have gear sensors now, even Woosh CDs will have one soon. The Woosh gear sensor can be retrofitted to existing woosh CDs, it plugs into the right hand side brake sensor socket.

Last edited:

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
Thanks but I would cause a riot dressed in Lycra. Best go try a few more.

D

Deleted member 4366

Thanks but I would cause a riot dressed in Lycra. Best go try a few more.
Concentrate on those with speed control systems. The Key warning phrase is "torque sensor", so that answers your question on the other thread. The Bosch system on the KTM has a torque sensor.

D

Deleted member 4366

Thanks. Any views on the other bikes I mentioned?
You need to tell us something about yourself and the type of riding you want to do: weight, fitness, hills, budget, speed, distance, etc.

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
I'm 6ft 1. My wife is 5ft 4. I weight 14.5 st. Wife. Hmmmm can't say that in public but her bike will need to support her.
We are both unfit and want it for leisure. Maybe put on back of SUV and take to France, trails.
Budget is the difficult thing. Like most peeps I want a lot for little. Lol. £1500 - £2000 for each.
Is the Tonaro as good as I read for so little??

Distance. 10 miles to start but building up to decent days out.

Speed. I have cars for that lol. So 15 mph limit is fine.

D

Deleted member 4366

Virtually any electric bike will do what you want, so take your pick. Don't spend a lot of money if you have to take a loan. If you have money to burn, get what you want.

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
Many thanks for your input...I went down to Bristol to look at the Kalkhoff shop but couldn't find anywhere to park so moved on to Atmosphere Bikes.

Didn't plan to actually buy anything today, but after explaining mine and my wife's requirements the owner explained it all to us.

My wife wanted a simple step through bike and he recommended the smartemotion ecity...simple hub gears and she loved it. With my health problems he recommended a larger battery bike so I could use the throttle to get home if too fatigued. I liked the look of the Wisper 705 Classic and we went and bought them both.

Got the Wisper home and I went for a 6 mile ride to the village and back...god should have bought an ebike years ago...totally hooked.

Picking up the other on Saturday as I'm having upgraded tyres fitted.

What a great shop who totally believe in customer service.

So two contented ebikers here. My wife is looking at all the local cycle trails and now I need to get a towbar and bike rack sorted..

Many thanks for all input..

Graham