Hello, DUO-MX01 owner

kimkk2k

Just Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Hello,
I have a DUO-MX01 owner, The brand name DUO-MX01 (sells in Korea Retailer) seems OEM from Sheng Milo MX01.
The LCD has displayed E0010 Error since two weeks ago, Hence I try to find solution.
According to advertisement DUO-MX01 (or Sheng Mile MX01), Its main specs. are 1,000W Hub Motor and 8V 12.8Ah Battery, 26x4 inch Fat Tire.

I have disassembed the BLDC controller part in the folding frame, I found it mark as 48V 350W controller (model S6-61)
- DC 36/48/60V
- 29/39/49 plus minus 0.5V
- 15 plus munus 1A
- 350 W

Is it OK to connect 48V 350W to 1000W Hub Motor ?
Do I need more wattage controller ?

For E0010 error, According to general advices, I check the all the connections with Multimeter and find no shortage in connection from controller to Hub Motor, PAS sensor, LCD displays.
But LCD displays still E0010 Error.
Should I replace the controller?

Many appreciation for your kind helps.

Regards

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Controllers with wattage rating is quite meaningless, the current rating is all that matters. 15a for a 1kw hub motor is very low and ideally these hubs will be better with 25 or 30a controllers, the down of having higher current draw is one needs a far better battery with 40 or 50a continuous rating to make good use of the power and to get torque from the hub.

Is the bike working ?
You need to find out what the E10 error code is via the manufacturer/seller.

Before one decides on whether to fit a new controller & display, one needs to know the battery specs and whether it is capable of supplying a higher continuous current draw.

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Your controller, motor and battery are all correct for each other. Error 10 is incorrect communication between the LCD and the motor controller. There are many things that can cause that, so we need more information to guide us to potential causes.
1. Has the bike stopped working completely? If not, what do you do to restart it?
2. How did the problem start or what caused it?
3. What type of connectors do you have on the controller? Are they block type or sealed waterproof ones?
Please answer all questions if you want help. They might not make much sense to you, but they do to us.

Don't buy any replacement parts until you have found the cause because the cause could be anywhere in the electrical system from the throttle to the motor.

yaniss

Just Joined
Nov 11, 2020
ou need to find out what the E10 error code is via the manufacturer/seller.

Last edited by a moderator:

JIMBOfred

Just Joined
Dec 20, 2020
ou need to find out what the E10 error code is via the manufacturer/seller.
I've got the shengmilo mx-01 1000w and also having the E010 code. It was riding fine then the power became intermittent, I could turn it off and on again and it would work for a bit. Now there is now power at all and reading E010. The wires look fine on the outside. Might take the controller out tomorrow to have a look. Anyone got any more ideas? BTW the manual says E010 means communication reception failure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carlos Raposo PT

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 27, 2022
Olá a todos, eu também recebi o código de erro E010 em um Sheng Milo MX-03 e tentei um novo driver, uma nova tela e uma nova bateria e o erro continua… eu só não sei o que tentar em seguida
? O motor está ok porque meu amigo tem uma moto parecida e eu já testei meu motor na moto dele e está ok
. Anyone have any ideias?

Carlos Raposo PT

Jan 27, 2022
Hi everyone, I also got error code E010 on a Sheng Milo MX-03 and I tried a new driver, a new screen and a new battery and the error continues… I just don't know what to try next? The engine is ok because my friend has a similar bike and I've already tested my engine on his bike and it's ok. Anyone have any ideas?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
E010 is Comm's between controller and display so after changing everything the only other item is Bus/trunk cable connecting both items. Remove the cable and continuity check each wire for a broken wire.
Without testing items it gets very expensive to change everything so in the end one is better stripping the control system out and replacing with a nice KT current control kit for about 110 eu.

Reactions: Carlos Raposo PT

Carlos Raposo PT

Jan 27, 2022
E010 is Comm's between controller and display so after changing everything the only other item is Bus/trunk cable connecting both items. Remove the cable and continuity check each wire for a broken wire.
Without testing items it gets very expensive to change everything so in the end one is better stripping the control system out and replacing with a nice KT current control kit for about 110 eu.
Thank you i will check because it is a new bike with only 130km and no one from de seller side can help me.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Often if the battery/controller are an integrated unit with controller locate at the base of the battery receiver, the trunk cable often is routed internally through the frame. The cable has a tight bend at the bottom as it exits the controller to enter the frame, it is here that one or more of the small wires can be stretched or brake down to give a problem.

Reactions: Carlos Raposo PT

Carlos Raposo PT

Jan 27, 2022
Often if the battery/controller are an integrated unit with controller locate at the base of the battery receiver, the trunk cable often is routed internally through the frame. The cable has a tight bend at the bottom as it exits the controller to enter the frame, it is here that one or more of the small wires can be stretched or brake down to give a problem.
Thank you for your answer. I will check to see if is a problem from base of the battery. Best regards!

Carlos Raposo PT

Jan 27, 2022
I've already tried it in the garage and it seems that it looks better without that part either original or you accelerate on the accelerator or if you start pedaling the accelerator it stops working. The part must be the accelerator that activates when you pedal and doesn't let you pedal hard because it turns on the electrical part.
Now I control the electrical part with the accelerator and pedals like a normal bike, I'm going to go for a ride now