Hello - fantastic forum!

DanD

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 28, 2019
Hi,

I recently joined the forum after stumbling across some of the posts whilst googling e-bike conversion kits. I've been exploring the fantastic wealth of information on the forum over the last few weeks as I wanted to convert my wife's 2007 Dawes Oasis hybrid as her Christmas/Birthday present (yes she does actually want an e-bike). I've written 'wanted to convert' as I actually completed the conversion last weekend after choosing one of the Woosh e-bike conversion kits (XF08C). I thought I needed to allow myself plenty of time to purchase the parts and perform the conversion, just in case of any problems. However, it's ended up taking only 4 days from ordering to completing the conversion which also includes buying a few additional tools and other replacement parts. It all went very smoothly and I'm really happy with the result, my wife doesn't want to see it before Christmas so it'll be a while until I can share her thoughts.

I've not ridden an e-bike before, so it's hard to compare to anything else, but based upon my 2 mile test ride, it felt very easy to ride and both the pedal assist and throttle were great. I had planned to just pedal a few loops around the garden, but I was having such fun that I headed off down the road for an extended test ride. I'll post more information from the conversion process and the kit in the reviews section.

Dan

Reactions: flecc

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
I can almost guarantee you'll be doing one for yourself Dan. It's exactly how I started. Did one for 'she who must' and found the fragile male ego was too bruised when left behind whilst cycling round Anglesea.

DanD

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 28, 2019
Yes, I'm hoping that the outcome might be that end up wanting one. I've been improving my cycling fitness/performance over the last 6 months, going from being a regular cyclist to probably what you'd call an (over)keen cyclist and my wife suggested an e-bike to make our rides more enjoyable.