Hello from Aberdeen!

Bindo

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 11, 2016
Hi all!

Well after stalking this forum for a while, reading reviews, pondering, and just being indecisive in general, I've decided to take the plunge!

I've gone and ordered myself the Batribike Granite Pro from e-bikes direct.

I actually had a look at a second hand one, though it hadn't been cared for, so swerved it, however it did convince me that an electric bike would suit my needs. and the integrated lights were a great touch, for an entry level bike at least!

I work in an office, with some god awful hills on my way to work, and it can be very windy here near the coast! so i want to cycle, but i don't want to arrive at work dripping with sweat!

So, I'll probably start a long-term review thread, to assist others who may be as indecisive as i am!

Bindo

Reactions: LeighPing

supersneak

Oct 20, 2015
Hi Bindo

What part of Aberdeen do you commute to?
I commute from Bridge of Don to the city centre - mostly downhill on the way in, but the hard work's coming home :)

As you know, the weather's been lousy, but hopefully it will dry up by the time you get your bike.

Cheers

Bindo

Apr 11, 2016
Thanks for the warm welcome,

@supersneak I'll be travelling from Torry to Portlethen, it's a fair trek whichever route I take!

Yeah hoping the weather improves over the weekend!

supersneak

Oct 20, 2015
Hi Bindo

Now I know why you need the electric bike - good luck, look forward to the reviews.

Reactions: Bindo

Bindo

Apr 11, 2016
Well the bike arrived, very much loving it!

I've done 50 miles so far, including a 30 mile run with moderate assist, and still had 2/5 battery left when i arrived home.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Hi all!

Well after stalking this forum for a while, reading reviews, pondering, and just being indecisive in general, I've decided to take the plunge!

I've gone and ordered myself the Batribike Granite Pro from e-bikes direct.

I actually had a look at a second hand one, though it hadn't been cared for, so swerved it, however it did convince me that an electric bike would suit my needs. and the integrated lights were a great touch, for an entry level bike at least!

I work in an office, with some god awful hills on my way to work, and it can be very windy here near the coast! so i want to cycle, but i don't want to arrive at work dripping with sweat!

So, I'll probably start a long-term review thread, to assist others who may be as indecisive as i am!

Bindo
Do they make a special version for the aberdonians?

supersneak

Oct 20, 2015
Aberdeen - The Granite City.

Sparkles for the 5 days a year when the sun shines, dreich for the rest.7713070260_d3d5926af9_c.jpg

Reactions: LeighPing

Bindo

Apr 11, 2016
Haha, yes the Granite thing did pop up when discussing this with friends :)

First ride to work today, what a pleasure! I've done 60 miles on the bike in a week and it's better than i expected

Reactions: supersneak