Help! Hello from Eddie

Eddie1

Just Joined
May 4, 2023
Aberdeenshire
I have a Vitesse Vigour and it is showing an error code F, this is displayed where you normally see the power assistance number 1 to 5 in the top right hand corner of the screen. Has anyone come across this before and more importantly does anyone know what it relates too and how to fix it.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
You're going to have to be more specific - or post photos/details of what exactly is fitted.

From Googling, I'm reading this bike is another of those Millets/GoOutdoors/Amazon/Auction clearance bikes from recently bankrupt distributor Moore Large where the bike is supposed to have a Dapu-P display with a Bafang mid-motor, but some are claiming their actual bikes came with all sorts of substitute parts.

The Dapu-P display has fault codes from 2 to 15. No "F". The manual shows a fault is displayed by the word Error and a number in the top right corner (eg Error 8). It suggests your bike may have a different display; you'd need to show/tell us what that is.

Reactions: Woosh

Eddie1

Just Joined
May 4, 2023
Aberdeenshire
You're going to have to be more specific - or post photos/details of what exactly is fitted.

From Googling, I'm reading this bike is another of those Millets/GoOutdoors/Amazon/Auction clearance bikes from recently bankrupt distributor Moore Large where the bike is supposed to have a Dapu-P display with a Bafang mid-motor, but some are claiming their actual bikes came with all sorts of substitute parts.

The Dapu-P display has fault codes from 2 to 15. No "F". The manual shows a fault is displayed by the word Error and a number in the top right corner (eg Error 8). It suggests your bike may have a different display; you'd need to show/tell us what that is.

View attachment 51442
Hi Cyclebuddy,frame to is in fact the same as my display. I'm now Wondering if the display is faulty and it should be an 8. I have spoken with someone at Empowering e bikes and error 8 relates to motor haul sensor. This would make sense because a local bike mechanic has had the guts out of the frame to replace a brake cable and caliper.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Here's the full table of error codes for the Dapu-P display:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
It's a Bigstone C600 LCD. The problem is that there are many different software versions, and each has different error codes. If I remember correctly, F means that the motor cable isn't connected properly, so push it in further while wiggling it a bit.

It might mean communication error, in which case you need to check its connector, which sometimes get corroded.

If it's neither of those, you need to explain the background to how it started. Nothing happens without a reason.

Eddie1

Just Joined
May 4, 2023
Aberdeenshire
Thank you for your reply, very helpful. Fault has been traced to a damaged cable from the display to the motor. This caused by a careless bike mechanic when changing the rear brake caliper and cable. Does anyone know where a cable can be purchased from ?