Hello from new member.

NSansom

Just Joined
May 16, 2022
Good morning. I am new to this site. Seeking independent advice on potential new bike purchase. I have been pretty much won over by the Riese & Muller brand, but struggling a little to make a decision. There are three I want, but the budget doesn't really stretch that far... As a bit of a techie, I want the very best and most advanced stuff (hence Rohloff E14 and Kiox or Nyon cockpit). However, practicalities make me want to look more closely at the Tinker. Having said this I haven't actually test ridden anything so far.
My cycling background: I used to ride Kona mountain bikes in the 90's in Scotland and did some fairly challenging trails. I discovered I like road riding in the 2000's and bought a carbon fibre Bianchi with an alpine cassette (I've always preferred climbing big hills that descending them quickly). Now, having spent some years off the bike (the Bianchi gathering dust in the garage) I really want to get back out and enjoy the road again. I am late 50's, unfit, carrying about 10kg more than I ought, and kind of dodgy knees.
Anyway, that's me...
Always happy to hear from likeminded people. I'll keep an eye on any reviews, and will be looking out for comments on Riese & Muller Tinker, Charger, SuperCharger, Delite and SuperDelite (I currently want all of them).