Hello from West London

stagn8

Just Joined
Aug 5, 2014
Hi all,

Currently have two UM 44's (one for me, one for the wife) mostly used for holidays in the motorhome. They are getting a bit long in the tooth with both controllers on the verge of giving up so here I am exploring what is around. Looking for a folder so don't need to have a rack on the back but would still like big wheels so not much to choose from!!

Cheers for now,

Keith

stagn8

Just Joined
Aug 5, 2014
Thanks for that Dave, hadn't realised there are so many big wheel folders available, but not so many 'names'. Any which way, had a nice chat with Hatti at Woosh about the folders and I am probably a little tall for them and would struggle a little bit carrying the groceries. I was very keen on a CD but I am not sure that the wife would cope very well with the down changes on steepish hills, as it we will often be on holidays we won't necessarily know how long or steep a hill will be to be able to pre-select.
So, I think it will be his 'n' hers Big Bears, LS for her and MTB for me, and we can then roar up pretty much anything, even with the weekend wine stocks...

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Your intro says you are in west London,that part of the UK is probably the best for trying e-bikes,you have 50 cycles and the London Electric Bike Company both in Hampton Wick,near Kingston.
My wife and I both use the Kudos Secret bikes,she is 5ft and I am 6ft but the double height telescopic seat post (a la Brompton)allows both to use these bikes,they weigh 18 kilos so easy to lift and I use panniers for the wine and daily bread back to the boat.
Alternatively the Kudos Tornado is an excellent hill climber and still light at 21kgs.
Bushy Park,part of Hampton Court palace makes a nice test ride.
I will be up at LEBC this weekend to assist in their open day as part of the Hampton Wick festival and the London bike ride on Sunday.
KudosDave

mfj197

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2014
Guildford
Great shame I'm away this weekend or I'd have popped in to see you!

stagn8

Just Joined
Aug 5, 2014
Thanks for the information Kudosdave, it will certainly be worth a trip down to Hampton as it isn't far away at all. I do like the Tornado, excellent spec. but a bit over budget as we are looking for two bikes.
Thanks Keith

stagn8

Just Joined
Aug 5, 2014
Popped down to Hampton to visit 50c and LEBC, pain in the bum to park! LEBC busy with customer so walked to 50c, smiled to myself at the prices and walked back to LEBC, still busy, so had a nose around. Do like the Tornado but about £200 over budget, parking was running out so returned home.
Still keen on the Big Bears so took a punt and ordered them last Thursday and fingers crossed they will be with me on Monday...can't wait!!

Reactions: GloveMakingMan