Hello. I am a new member and would value some advice.

anncj

Just Joined
Sep 16, 2014
I am looking for an electric folding bike. I found this site as I was searching and found the members to be friendly and helpful. I have tried a couple, but I am only 5'1" and need one where I can touch the ground comfortably with both feet. I will be going up some steep hills and it is 30km to the nearest market town, so would like one with enough battery life to do a return trip. I don't know if I'm being unrealistic, but could you let me know if there is a bike that can do all this?

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Your round trip is best part of 40 miles which is going to be very tight on the batteries fitted to most folders.

A Bosch motored bike with an 11ah battery is a possibility, but the only folders I know don't fold fully - I have one, an AVE MH7

Ebikes that are supposed to fold fully often only fold in half, so the package is still unwieldy with bits of bike sticking out all over the place.

Someone may know of a folder with a 13ah or bigger battery.

If you can manage without the fold there is plenty of choice.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
One of our Compacts with a 16AH battery should cope with steep hills (we're based in the Peak District) and the range.
A trial ride of any bike you're thinking of buying is essential, preferably somewhere where you can also try some decent hills.

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
Is there still a Bosch compact available on the traders discount section from KTM distributors FLi people...?