Hello, south London, just got a new chinese elec bike...

donelson

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 7, 2013
Hello, south London here, just got a new chinese elec bike...

THT Trade 2013 New Model Mountain Electric E Bike with Aluminum alloy Material for Mens Adults Grey color

Last edited by a moderator:

Old_Dave

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 15, 2012
Dumfries & Galloway
Sorry to hear about that donelson...

If you had joined the forum and asked about that kinda bike first... however hindsight is wonderful.

A bit more would of got you a lot more quality ... don't suppose you can send it back ?

donelson

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 7, 2013
Thanks, but don't misunderstand.

The bike is great, with some minor exceptions, just the assembly could have been much smoother. The handle bars can be made higher with an extension, and the charging cables are fine after some fiddling and a bit of black electrical tape to make the fit more secure.

I now have a security-penta bolt setup for the bike seat stem cinch, and for the front-axle. With one turn of the key, I can easily rotate the seat to slide the battery out without having to change the height - not bad at all.

The bike itself is well built, but heavy, but not unmanageable. I would not like to have to carry it far, though!

As it was, I was overbudget by £100 anyway, so this bike represents excellent value for me.

My old knees are good most of the time, but the assist keeps them that way, and is very important if I have a bad day.

I do recommend this bike; if anyone gets one I would be happy to advise on assembly etc.

William