Hello

H_A_L

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 23, 2013
Hi, my name is hafsah, surname double barrel (starts with A and L) hence the H_A_L.
I live in Swansea, wales.

Been riding an old mountain bike got from a recycle shop, for the last two years.
Am getting old, and got back problems (specifically facet joints degeneration/athritis), so am finding it really hard to cycle (it's was torture coming home with groceries).
Cycling is my only means of transport, occassionally I take the bus, but's it's quite expensive.

So I have finally bite the bullet and ordered an e-bike from amazon.
Cyclamatic GTE Step-Through Electric e-bike
It's within my budget.
It needs assemblying, so I will attempt to do it myself.

After making the order, day later, I realised that the bike was recommended for people of 5'4 and above.
I am five feet tall, slim built woman......I am worried now that maybe this bike might not set me 'free' due to the fit of frame.
I had contact the supplier, they told me check it out first and see if you can handle it, if not just return it.
So does anyone got thoughts on this?
Delivery due date 3th september.....probably would arrive earlier, I ordered few days ago.

My budget is low, roughly £600 including security locks.
At the moment I am browsing for the right lock, and pannier bags. I had a look at the ortliebs (£62.00 on amazon). I am a street photographer......so would want something that I could leave on the bike (locked to it), rather than carrying the pannier bags around.
I can't seem to find any so far......

This bike (if it works out) would be my one and only means of transport...swansea is quite hilly, and roughly I am going to use it for shopping and travelling.....also thinking of cycling further afield once I have mastered the maintenance side of things.

Cheers guys, any suggestions from more experienced e-bike owners would be greatly appreciated.:)

H_A_L

Aug 23, 2013
Oh no, I have just googled reviews for the company (The Sports HQ). The reviews doesn't sound good....what if it doesn't fit, and they will make it difficult for me to get my refund?

According to amazon, the order is already on it's way.
Will amazon take care of 'me' if the case is so.
TBH, I want this bike to work out, so hopefully it could be adjusted to my height, or maybe I use my heeled boots....
Will take it to my favourite bicycle shop Recycle in Swansea for a proper check up.

Sorry, if I sound silly and clueless, thats because I am!
:D

D

Deleted member 4366

The Cyclamatic is a sound bike, but occasionally you can get small problems. When you get it, hold the front wheel axle and check that the wheel spins smoothly. The other common problem is loose spokes, so, after riding it a bit, check that they're OK. You can feel when they're loose.

I think that you'll be OK with the height. The seat goes very low, and there's loads of things you can do to bring the handlebars closer. If you have any problem reaching, ask again and we can guide you on how to improve it.

H_A_L

Aug 23, 2013
The Cyclamatic is a sound bike, but occasionally you can get small problems. When you get it, hold the front wheel axle and check that the wheel spins smoothly. The other common problem is loose spokes, so, after riding it a bit, check that they're OK. You can feel when they're loose.

I think that you'll be OK with the height. The seat goes very low, and there's loads of things you can do to bring the handlebars closer. If you have any problem reaching, ask again and we can guide you on how to improve it.
Thanks.
That eased my mind, back to my excited state of anticipation. Feel like a small kid again, I can foresee rediscovering the fun part of cycling.
This e-bike could be a life saver....

Will do as you suggest, and also ask for further help if there are problems adjusting the handles/seat.
Ideally, I would like to be able to sit back comfortably, with as little stress to my back as possible.

cheers

OldBob1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2012
Staffordshire
Hi and welcome H_A_L, as Dave has said the Cyclamatic is a good little bike which ever model you have, it will possibly take you a few days to get the bike set up to suite you and after a couple of weeks use, the brakes and gears may need adjusting as they settle down, you may also notice the battery getting better and going further the more you use it.
I fitted a cheap suspension seat post to mine and with the gel seat what luxury!
And you can alway ask on here if you have a problem.
I hope you have many happy E-biking miles.

Bob.

H_A_L

Aug 23, 2013
Hi again guys

My bike arrive today, and I got the parts separated, and attempting to put the front wheel on first.
So I have turn the bicycle upside down, hope this is the right way.
I scoured utube, to find any videos on how to assemble the bike, also this forum.
I need axle oil, so whatever happens it will be a few days before I could get it going.
@Oldbob and Dev
If possible, I sure would love a step by step instructions on how to put it together....it looks rather complicated, if I could only find some proper instructions on the net.....but there's nothing.
Unless of course my searching skills are as bad as erm ...assemblying an e-bike?

H_A_L

Aug 23, 2013
Thanks Jonah, I saw this one, it's similar but not same. I got a steep learning curve with this bike. I don't know much about bikes, I guess it's time. Am going to spend time, reading up first.
What's the best way to leave it...I got two cats, and I am worried it might fall on them....1 is a kitten (energetic).
Perhaps I will put it in the kitchen and and fasten the door handle for tonight.
Frankly I am shattered, hopefully those wires are robust enough. I am trying my best to get the handle in, plus the fender....the wheels is the only straight forward thing go ing on for me.
At least it looks solid, and it's so beautiful, does not look like a cheap knock off.
:D

It would be great if someone who had bought it, and put it together, get in touch with me.
If all fails, I might have to take it to the shop, but it would cost a bomb as I don't have any transport plus the fee. I was budgetting for a sturdy lset of ocks , two kinds.
Am trying to keep the cost down.
The amount is already serious money for me.
Wish I had taken a short course on bike maintenance.....that would be one of the things I need to do pronto.
Normally, I am quite good at following instructions.
I shall google again, and see if there's a better manual out there.