Hello

yaffa

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2016
Kent
Hi. Welcome to the forum. I hadn't been on a bike for 40 plus years. I bought a BSO hybrid and a very cheap folder..however, as it is very hilly here, both those decisions were bad. I have been looking at ebikes just like you and it can become mind boggling just thinking about all the different makes, models, components, motors, drives, gears, power etc. I swing from a normal sized bike like juicy, roodog, and I have even started to drool over oxygen bikes. Then I swing towards the wisper 806SE and the volt metro (both folders). I now have a headache. As a poster above said, I don't think I will go wrong with any choice I make in the end.

I have so started looking at woosh bikes and TBH they seem to be very good value for money, very robust, and look like they will last for many years. Woosh also arnt afraid to tell people the cost of replacement batteries,which are very reasonable. I think I may well buy a woosh of some kind in the end. Good luck with your search and welcome to the forum.
Congratulations. I quite fancy a wisper myself. They look wonderful. Let us know how you get on with it. I bet your excited.
Hi Clara
Yes very excited. As I posted I tried a RooDog I see you have one on your list. As someone said try different ones(with different drives) and it's almost like the right bike finds you!

Reactions: Clara

yaffa

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2016
Kent
Fantastic news, thanks for investing in a Wisper, I am looking forward to hearing how you get on.

The system is very sensitive, in nearly all conditions level one is perfect for pulling away. If you ever need a more effortless mode, you can use one of the four torque sensor modes to get going then switch into F, this disengages the torque sensor so you run on cadence sensor alone. This will have the effect of giving you maximum power with minimum effort. The down side is your range will decrease by about a third.

I am particularly pleased to read you preferred the Wisper to the Bosch drive Raleigh Captus. The Captus is a great bike but we often hear riders prefer the Wisper Torque.

Above all.... Enjoy!

All the best, David
Thanks David
I can't wait to get the bike and try it out on all the hills I usually have to push my old bike up.

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

yaffa

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2016
Kent
Bike arrived on Thursday as promised.
Very well packaged. Unfortunately I put my back out last Sunday and it's still a bit "creaky" so I've only made it to the end of the road & back! It's slightly up hill though!
There was no instructions with it so will have to download them from AMPS.

I will post a better review once I get to ride it.
And yes it's still standing in the living room!

Clara

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2016
Oh no. Bad luck. I hope your back gets better soon. At least you can look at it longingly. Lol

Reactions: yaffa

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Bike arrived on Thursday as promised.
Very well packaged. Unfortunately I put my back out last Sunday and it's still a bit "creaky" so I've only made it to the end of the road & back! It's slightly up hill though!
There was no instructions with it so will have to download them from AMPS.

I will post a better review once I get to ride it.
And yes it's still standing in the living room!
Hi Yaffa,

Sorry to read about your back!

Instructions are on the website. If you need any assistance, please call us.

All the best

David

yaffa

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2016
Kent
Well I finally got out on my new bike today. Rode it to work, then to to office and back home again up the long drag of a hill(probably a slope to most cyclists!) which always defeated me before.

Made it all the way, except for when the battery became detached slightly making me wonder why the bike kept turning itself off(on the dreaded hill of course) pushed battery back home and it was fine. Also my bag fell off the carrier! Apart from that it was great!

It was good given the my back is still not fully over last weeks painful episode.
New panniers arrived today will need a slight bit of modification to make them fit but hopefully nothing else will fall off the back of the carrier ever again!

yaffa

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2016
Kent
Here is my bike with my trusty Brooks saddle attached and Crosso panniers.
I have posted a review in E-reviews. It's not technical just my first impressions.

Attachments

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Fine steed indeed.