hello!

fiona83

Just Joined
May 27, 2019
Hi, I'm new to cycling in general, tall (6ft 2) and overweight (over 110kg). I'm looking for a bike I can use more or less daily for getting to the gym, work and home again, a round trip of about 12 miles with around 500ft ascent total spread throughout the journey (130ft maximum ascent in one go according to Google). I used to be able to bike to work (about 3 miles with the 130ft ascent) without too much difficulty at a similar level of fitness as I am now, but have concerns that doing the same after a gym visit will be too much so am looking at e-bikes to aid with the ascents and cut down the commute time in general. I'm looking to spend around the £1000 mark (less if possible, but I accept that my size and weight mean I'm realistically looking at something that's not the cheapest)

A review of the Woosh Big Bear LS lead me to this site and I thought I'd take the opportunity to ask for any advice or suggestions (although the Big Bear specs suggest it would be suitable, when I put in my commute the site said they didn't have any recommendations, so I guess the hill gradient/weight combo is too much). Thanks in advance x

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the Big Bear LS is a good choice for your weight and height.
I would recommend it.
http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?bigbear-ls

The Bear comes with a 350mm seat post which is too short for you. If you go ahead with it, please ask for a 400mm post, there is no charge.
Also, I would recommend the SP12 NCX seat post as an upgrade.

Last edited: