HELP...Same Old Question!

ian culvers

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 16, 2018
Hi Everyone,
Newbie to the site so be gentle!
I have the same question that must be asked so many times on this site, however you all seen to know your stuff so here goes again.

Best e-bike for a budget of £1200???

I have had a Carrera Crossfire e-bike for the last 18 months and the Crank Torque Sensor has just gone, Good ol' Halfords have told me that this particular part is only covered for 1 year not 2 like the rest of the bike!! and to really rub salt into the wound, they've told me that they have been waiting two months for the same part for someone else in the shop!!!

So wishing to avoid Halfords at all costs now, I need some valued help in picking my next e-bike ASAP as my knees are shot riding my old pedal cube!!
15 stone,14 miles round daily commute, mainly on roads and through a bumpy town centre and quite a steep hill.
Any advice will be mucH appreciated.
Cheers
Ian.c

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
I would def. press Halfords on this issue, but if that gets you nowhere, check out anon4's posts. He has recently replaced the Suntour controller and torque sensor on his Carrera Vengeance with generic Chinese parts, keeping his existing battery and motor.

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
For about $158 inc p&p you can get a new TS bottom bracket kit with ts controller and lcd3 etc,etc from BMS battery for hub motors. Replace the crappy Suntour stuff with pretty reliable Kunteng KT software.

Gordon Heron

Just Joined
Aug 15, 2016
Gateshead
Hi Everyone,
Newbie to the site so be gentle!
I have the same question that must be asked so many times on this site, however you all seen to know your stuff so here goes again.

Best e-bike for a budget of £1200???

I have had a Carrera Crossfire e-bike for the last 18 months and the Crank Torque Sensor has just gone, Good ol' Halfords have told me that this particular part is only covered for 1 year not 2 like the rest of the bike!! and to really rub salt into the wound, they've told me that they have been waiting two months for the same part for someone else in the shop!!!

So wishing to avoid Halfords at all costs now, I need some valued help in picking my next e-bike ASAP as my knees are shot riding my old pedal cube!!
15 stone,14 miles round daily commute, mainly on roads and through a bumpy town centre and quite a steep hill.
Any advice will be mucH appreciated.
Cheers
Ian.c
Hi same thing happened to me contacted area manager and as sensor is part of electric system you are covered