Help with first purchase please

Oxygen Bicycles

Trade Member
Feb 18, 2010
www.oxygenbicycles.com
old Emate for £999

I've been looking for bikes for the past three weeks and had my mind settled on the Oxygen EMate City, which according to the website was £999. Going back on the website today, the price for the same bike is £1249 but the battery is different (13aH instead of 10aH) but the range has improved by 20 miles. Obviously, that bike is out the price range and I've also noticed a EMate for extended commutes, but again, the price is nearer £1500.

Could anyone advise me; is the 10aH EMate still available, if so, in your experiences of e-bikes would it meet my needs, and if not, are there alternatives that are good quality and under £1000 for my circumstances?

Many thanks, hope you all have a nice weekend :)
Hi CrumpetMonster,

Thank you for looking at our bikes. Just to clarify there was an Oxygen Emate for £999 available last year with smaller 10Ah Li-ion battery. Since the recent takeover of Oxygen brand there was a new range of Emate series launched with new larger 13Ah Li-polymer battery. The old Emate was nothing else but the clone of famous 905 which has been bought by old owners off the shelf from also very famous rip off man Mr. Rao but i'm not going to go off topic here.

For 2010 the bike has been 100% redesigned with not leaving even one old part from the old range. Motor, frame, battery, contoller, brakes, spokes, rims, tyres etc etc.. has been changed and improved. Sadly the price had to go up mainly due to two reasons, weaking pound against $ and better quality parts. The difference however is huge.

The link to the old Emate for £999 has been probably found by you through the Google search. We try to remove all the old links from server.

With regs to Cycle Scheme we are actually planning to launch next year a basic version of Emate called ''Scheme Issue'' which will be mainly appealing to the employees purchasing the bike through cycle scheme. Price and spec TBC but will be trying to get somewhere around £1000.

best regards

Andrew

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Hi CrumpetMonster,

Thank you for looking at our bikes. Just to clarify there was an Oxygen Emate for £999 available last year with smaller 10Ah Li-ion battery. Since the recent takeover of Oxygen brand there was a new range of Emate series launched with new larger 13Ah Li-polymer battery. The old Emate was nothing else but the clone of famous 905 which has been bought by old owners off the shelf from also very famous rip off man Mr. Rao but i'm not going to go off topic here.

For 2010 the bike has been 100% redesigned with not leaving even one old part from the old range. Motor, frame, battery, contoller, brakes, spokes, rims, tyres etc etc.. has been changed and improved. Sadly the price had to go up mainly due to two reasons, weaking pound against $ and better quality parts. The difference however is huge.

The link to the old Emate for £999 has been probably found by you through the Google search. We try to remove all the old links from server.

With regs to Cycle Scheme we are actually planning to launch next year a basic version of Emate called ''Scheme Issue'' which will be mainly appealing to the employees purchasing the bike through cycle scheme. Price and spec TBC but will be trying to get somewhere around £1000.

best regards

Andrew
Good luck with the proposed new bike Andrew, if it`s anything like the E mate I tried out it should be high on most peoples list.

Dave